Blog Archive

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Five Things

1. On Shopping:
Unlike most weekends, I didn't plan a shopping trip this weekend.  Fate had other things in mind and as my H and I were on the way back from Home Depot picking up some things for the house, we realized we needed something from Target and the closest one was in a nearby mall.  I ended up visiting a few stores, and even with my H in tow, which made the trip significantly better,  I just didn't find anything I loved.  I don't know what my deal is.  Lately, I've seen things that are cute but I convince myself "I don't need this" or "I don't want to pay that price"---even if it's on sale!  I just haven't felt passionate about anything lately.  So, I ordered some books this week on Amazon.com and have been looking at shoes lately to satisfy my shopping urges.  I got "I Do, Now What?" by Giuliana and Bill Rancic and What to Wear, Where (by the Who What Wear style team---Hillary Kerr and Katherine Power.) Both books should arrive sometime next week.

2.  On Motivation:
I worked out both days this weekend---Saturday with my trainer and today (Sunday) on my own.  I learned that I'm completely incapable of working out without a trainer. Okay, maybe I'm not THAT helpless---it's not that I lack the motivation, it's that I feel like I don't know which exercises to do and what order to do everything in. I think I need to start bringing a notebook and documenting some of my fave moves and workouts so I have an idea of what to do.  Something I also try and do when I'm sans trainer is to watch YouTube videos by the ToneitUp girls (Katrina Hodgson and Karena Dawn) while I'm working out so I can just sort of loosely follow along with the video. 

3. On Meal Planning & Healthy Eats:
I went grocery shopping today and I'm really working on incorporating more veggies into our meals and preparing meals/menus in advance so my food doesn't go bad.  On this week's menu, we will have a shrimp dish of some sort, a stir fry and fajitas.  I also bring all of my lunch stuff to work with me.  This week I have whole wheat tortillas with tuna, home made soup and turkey sandwiches as options.  I am horrible a planning meals.  This is also something I need to get better at. 

4. On Hair:
My hair is yellow.  Okay, it's not all yellow, but the chunkier highlights I had added in on my last color appointment are yellow, but thank God, they are on the underneath part of my hair so they aren't that jarring.  However, this bothers me so I plan to get it fixed ASAP.  What happened is that my colorist started with the underneath pieces when she was bleaching my hair, and those pieces were processing for longer and thus more color was lifted. I am thinking of having them toned to a softer caramel blonde or even a warmer, soft, light brown. It's just a few pieces, but it bugs me enough to fix it.
okay, so maybe this is a little dramatic.

5. On House & Home:
We finally met with our Realtor and we are hoping to put our home on the market in the next month.  We are having the guest bedroom carpet replaced next weekend (the previous owners had somehow stained it and we never were able to get the stains out).  I am really excited and am just crossing my fingers that someone will love this house as much as we do. 

How was your weekend? Any luck with shopping or other adventures to share? Comment below!

xoxo,

Veronika.