Blog Archive

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Weekend Shopping: Banana Republic & Bobbi Brown

I am thrilled to report that this week's shopping trip was an unexpected success!  I ventured over to the Galleria with high hopes that I'd finally find some garments that I liked enough to buy.

Banana Republic had the entire store at 30% off this weekend and I scored two incredible dresses.  I don't buy the same garment in various colors very often, but this dress was so cute, flattering and work-appropriate that I just had to get it in both colors.  They were on sale for $41.99 each plus 30% off. I paid about $60 for both.
They don't look like much on the hanger, but when you see them on, I think you'll agree they are very cute!

My final clothing purchase was this gorgeous long cardigan from Armani Exchange.  Initially, I bought a long, oatmeal-colored cardigan at Nordstrom for $69.00 but when I stopped in at Armani Exchange, I liked the one I tried on there so much better and I went and returned the one I had gotten just 15 minutes before at Nordstrom. Yep, I was THAT customer. But a great LONG cardigan is hard to come by.  The Armani one was a little more at $88 but is much more interesting than the plain one I had purchased before. IRL it's a soft, dusty lilac color.


Lastly, I visited one of my favorite makeup counters, Bobbi Brown.  The girls there were SO sweet and helpful!  I picked up blush in the color "pale pink" because I read on The Possesionista's blog (in an interview she had with The Bachelor's Michelle Money) that it's the one she uses. Michelle's makeup was always so pretty on the show so I decided to try it out. It's similar to Bobbi Brown's peony but more of a cooler-toned pink. I also bought another long-wear gel liner because I was running low. This time, I got the color Black Plum which is a matte deep purple infused with black...it looks kind of like a purple infused with brown. Very pretty.


Did you have any luck shopping this weekend?  Let me know what you got in the comments below!

xoxo,

Veronika.