Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

OOTD: Prints & Navy

It's only Tuesday and I'm already feeling pretty exhausted. I think the fact that it's darker outside when I wake up now is totally throwing me off. Oh that extra hour...how I miss it.

This morning I made a conscious effort not to wear black...let's see how I did:
Blouse- LOFT
Skirt- BCBG
Cardigan- Express
Shoes- Jessica Simpson
Belt- it was my grandmother's



I mentioned I was getting my hair colored this weekend (just the underneath part) because the highlights were too bright/yellow-toned.  I'm happy with the result and overall my hair feels so much better.  I think the bleaching dried it out a lot.  I also had it cut (split ends, begone!) The underneath will lighten a bit over time, which I'm 100% okay with as I kind of like that naturally-faded look.


The first thing I said when I walked into my office today was "I have an announcement: I cooked last night." I was so proud of the delicious meal I made last night that I just have to share it here. I worked from a recipe I found in Glamour Magazine.

It's a pesto pasta with cherry tomatoes, broccoli and Parmesan cheese. We added the grilled shrimp.



YUM! You can find the recipe in Glamour's issue with Kate Winslet on the cover.  Personally, I like to get inspired by a recipe but I don't always follow it perfectly. I add or take away things based on my preferences---but recipes are nice because they give you an idea of what foods complement each other and how to prepare everything (which can be a foreign concept to newbies like me.)

Hope everyone has a lovely night!

xoxo,

Veronika.