Tuesday, April 26, 2011

OOTD: Lilac & Lace, Navy & Cream & Some Updates!

I was really excited to wear my new lace skirt and pretty top that I got at the Ann Taylor outlet last weekend and I wore this ensemble on Monday (I'm a day behind!)


Top- Ann Taylor
Skirt- Ann Taylor
Cardigan- Armani Exchange
Shoes- Jessica Simpson


Today's outfit was pretty simple. Just a navy skirt and cream top with ruffle details on the sleeves.


Skirt- BCBG
Top- Forever 21
Belt- J. Crew
Shoes- MaxStudio @ Zappos.com

I have a few other updates I'd like to share as well in this entry! 

Fitness--- I almost never weigh myself, but over the weekend when we were visiting H's parents, I used their scale and wouldn't you know it, it showed that I had lost 5 lbs.  I had gained that much when I first started to work out from the muscle I had put on, and I guess with the high intensity workouts I've been doing lately and better/more mindful eating, my body finally responded and burned some of that fat off! I use www.dailyplate.com a few days a week to track my calories to get an idea of where I'm at.

Personal--- I'm thrilled to announce that I am now a contributing write for the website GalTime, writing about home decor. You can check out my very first piece about Infusing Spring Into Your Home, here. I will be writing pieces weekly and I'll be sure to post the link here each week so anyone who is interested can check it out!

Royal Wedding--- I'm seriously having anxiety about the Royal Wedding!  I am just so darn excited about it I can hardly contain myself. My H even downloaded NBC's Royal Wedding app on his new iPad (God bless him! He's so sweet!)  Is anyone else as crazy excited as I am?  Or is it just me?

I hope everyone has a wonderful evening!  It's another busy week for me but I'm going to try and blog as much as possible. 

xoxo,

Veronika.

PS----
One of my Readers, Taryn wrote to me and I wanted to share this with you all!


...I know a LOT of people have been scouring the internet for a Steve Madden dupe (of the Valentino Bow Sandals) since you posted about them... I've actually seen this discussed on a couple other people's blogs! (like this girl: http://vscupcakecouture.blogspot.com/2011/03/steve-madden-bow-flip-flops-dupe.html) her blog about the dupe was what actually led me to start looking for a cheaper option-- haha look what you've started. Anyways, I just pre-ordered mine the other day. Here's the link: http://www.hintboutique.com/footwear/

So if anyone wants a great dupe for the Valentino/Steve Madden Bow Sandals---there it is! Thanks so much Taryn!