Saturday, April 23, 2011

Weekend Shopping, Outlet Edition: Ann Taylor, Kate Spade, WHBM & More!

Happy Saturday everyone! I had one of the best days I've had in a long time today. I started out my day with an AM workout outdoors in the sweltering heat with my trainer's group class and it really kicked my butt.  I feel great that I got up and did it though!  That's 5 days this week, yay!

After the workout, my H and I ate some lunch at home and then we headed to the 290 Outlets in Cypress.  They are my favorite outlets but I only go a few times a year. I knew Kate Spade and other store were having big sales so today was the perfect day to go.

Here is what I got (ALL on sale in addition to outlet prices!)

This first top is by C&C California. I have never owned anything by this brand but they had it at the Penguin store. This top looks kind of blah on the hanger, but it's got these really interesting sleeves and it's just a cool, casual shirt. The fabric is nice too. It originally retailed for (GASP!) $78.00 and I got it for $14.99.


Everyone knows my love for my J.Crew jelly flats (I have them in a light gray color.)  When I saw these hot pink ones I thought I was hallucinating. It couldn't be, I thought.  Oh yes, it could, and they are all mine!  The best part? They were $23.00.  LOVE.


Excuse my hair in this last pic, I was trying things on all day and it got a bit...disheveled.  This black lace dress is from White House, Black Market.  It looks MUCH better/more flattering belted, but I didn't take any pics of it with a belt on.  I got this dress because it's so pretty and feminine. It was $41.00 with tax, and I just couldn't pass that up. I know, I know, another black dress, but I have a lot of events I have to go to for work, and it's a good length for that. I love the sheer fabric on the back of the dress.

My next stop was Ann Taylor.  I have always wanted the above top, but never wanted to pay full price for it (it's from several seasons ago, retailed for about $88 originally.)  I saw it at the factory outlet for $44.99 plus 40% off so I had to jump on it.  I also got the lovely lace skirt below.  It retailed for $89.99 but I got it for 40% off as well. It is gorgeous. I love me a lace skirt. A note on sizing---the top is a Medium and the skirt is a 6Petite. Yes, Petite. I know that is really odd since I am totally the complete opposite of petite, but it just fit better for some reason, I even had a sales associate evaluate the fit of both.  The 6P was a little more fitted whereas the 6 had extra material on the side that I didn't "fill out" so the 6P was a little more flattering on me.

Lastly, I got this beautiful bright GREEN wallet from Kate Spade. It was on sale for $95.00 plus an additional 40% off (so about $57 total).  I love it because it's thin and fits into all of my smaller bags/clutches. I don't like huge wallets anymore because they are just too bulky and I only carry plastic anyway (and maybe a few dollars of cash for valet and stuff, but that's it.)

I would say this was a very successful shopping trip! I must admit, I am not really one of those people who goes to outlets and freaks out about all of the deals which causes many people to impulse buy things they might not have if they weren't at an outlet. I really try to carefully consider every item and ask myself if I'm buying it because it's cheap, or because I love it and will use it/wear it. I've walked away from many purchases in outlet stores because sometimes I have to remind myself that it's about finding things you love, not just the greatest deal.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their Saturday and Happy Easter to you tomorrow as you celebrate with your families.


xoxo,

Veronika.