Saturday, April 2, 2011

Weekend Shopping: The Pink Skirt

I started my Saturday right with an AM workout. It's so gross in Houston today---hot, sticky...yuck!  The Final Four is happening here and it's a shame the weather is so sticky when there are so many people in town.

I did a little shopping today, but sadly, I haven't found the perfect spring shoes yet. I am SO over shoe shopping right now that I think I need to move to online shoe shopping because I'm so frustrated going to stores and trying on shoe after shoe and not finding anything I love (plus, it's a miracle sometimes if they even have the shoe I want in the size I want.)

Today wasn't a complete fail though, and it was all because of one joyous skirt.

A few weeks ago, I saw an incredible HOT PINK skirt at Zara. I knew I had to have it.  The problem? It was too short---definitely could NOT wear it to work. I said a little prayer that day at Zara, hoping the skirt would one day come in a pencil skirt style. For weeks, I went back and nothing and the shorter pink skirt had long sold-out. The lovely Emily from Cupcakes & Cashmere even had THE pink skirt:

See Emily's Original Post-  Blending Brights on cupcakesandcashmere.com

At this point, I had sort of given up all hope for this skirt. It was gone...or so I thought.  Imagine my utter shock (and joy) today when I walked into Zara and saw ONE hot pink pencil skirt in the exact same color and fabric as the one above. Was it a mirage? Could it really be?

I picked it up...please be my size, please be my size, I thought. I turned around the tag and it was a Medium! I couldn't believe it. It was meant to be. I grabbed it and looked around me as if someone would come up behind me and snatch it away. Yes, I'm a little crazy. I couldn't actually believe that I had hoped the skirt would come out as a pencil skirt, and then it did, and I happened to be in the store when they had ONE left in MY size (okay, this reminds me of the time they had one pair of Cynthia Vincent for Target wedges in my size left in the entire store. Goodness gracious I'm a lucky gal!)

I tried it on, it fit, and to the register I went. There was just no way I could pass up it's awesome brightness.  For $79.90, it felt like a steal.

It has a slit at the front (don't worry, it doesn't show anything)

Does my new skirt remind you of anything (the colors are nearly identical in real life!)



Yes! It's just like my MbMJ handbag!  I can't wait to start carrying it again...I've just been hopelessly devoted to my Tory Burch bag lately because it's smaller and I've had a lot of events lately so it's easier for me to just bring the Tory bag.

That's all I got at the mall. When I stopped in at Target to pick up a few essentials I also got this pretty nightie.  It's by that Gilligan & O'Malley line:

It's super soft and comfy and the lace detail is very pretty!  It was $19.99 and I got a Medium.

Lastly, I stopped by Academy Sports today to pick up some shorts. I own some really cute Lululemon shorts, but they are too short for working out (I don't want to flash someone, if you know what I mean.)

Many people recommend the Nike Tempo Shorts, so I tried a few pairs on. I wasn't super-impressed with the fit (they just weren't that flattering, especially in the butt area where they just kind of bunched and sagged) but I was going to get a pair anyway because I needed longer shorts. My husband actually said "hey, why don't you try on a pair from the Under Armor brand?"  I'm so glad I did, because the Under Armors ended up being much more flattering of a fit and I just liked them better overall. They retail for $29.99 and I got a Medium.

I also picked up a foam roller for post-workout muscle rolling. It hurts so good.

Thanks for reading and for your patience. I know i didn't blog a lot last week because work and life just got very busy and I wanted to prioritize pushing myself back into my nightly workouts since I had skipped a week.  I'm pleased to say I went 5 days this week :)

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend so far!

xoxo,

Veronika.