Blog Archive

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Celebrity Inspirations, Redken Satinwear 02 BlowDry Lotion Review & Versa Spa Spray Tan Update


Do you ever have those days where you just feel blah about your look? Today was one of those days for me. I had sloughed off my spray tan this morning in the shower because I went to get spray tanned again today and wanted my skin to be fresh (more on that later.) But for some reason (maybe it was my chipped nails and array of split ends) I just felt yuck today.

Now that my skin is bronzed and glowing again, I think I badly need another trim and some teeth whitening (I think I'm going to try ZOOM! so look out for a future review on that- If you've ever done ZOOM! tell me about it in the comments!)

You know what I like to do when I need a little beauty inspiration? Look to the stars...and not the ones in the sky!

But before we get to the inspiration photos, I wanted to give you ladies a quick product review on a hair product I've been using recently that I love. I originally purchased the sample size and just bought the full size bottle over the weekend.

It's REDKEN'S SATINWEAR 02 ULTIMATE BLOWDRY LOTION.  It doubles as a heat protector for the hair and I really enjoy the way it makes my hair feel.  It doesn't weigh the hair down but still smooths the hair, which is great.  I definitely recommend this product, especially for ladies who blow dry and have long hair. It's nice to have a product that styles and offers protection at the same time.



I got mine at Ulta for $16.00.  Elle (AllThatGlitters21 on YouTube) also recommends this product (I had purchased it before she talked about it and was pleasantly surprised to learn it was one of her faves.)

Back to inspiration. Here are the latest photos that I've loved enough to save on my computer:

The lovely AnnaLynne McCord who always looks stunning (love her straight hair here!)


The beautiful Ashley Greene keeping it simple in denim shorts and a loose peasant-style tank:


The always gorgeous Brooklyn Decker:

Ohhh the Valentino Bow Pumps! I love them!

and the lovely ladies from "The Hills" (so sad it's over)


Filming the new season of "Gossip Girl" (eeek! so excited!!! look at the clothes!)


"The City's" Olivia Palermo is this gorgeous lacy dress:

 Who's inspiring you lately? Do you have any beauty regiments that always make you feel fantastic? 

By the way, the spray tan I got was the one called "Versa Spa" but I'm going to wait to do a full review on it once I see the color tomorrow. This time I did the one with the bronzer in it (I had done the "clear" one before so I can compare the two.)  Gosh I love spray tans. Especially when I haven't been working out. The immediate "look 5 lbs thinner" effect is so worth it.


xoxo,

Veronika.