Blog Archive

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Weekend Shopping: Kate Spade Cuteness, Victoria's Secret PINK & Express

Last Monday, one of my coworkers walked into our offices carrying a lovely Kate Spade small handbag and I gasped at how cute it was!  I knew I had to have it. She got it at the outlets on 290 so I waited until the weekend, praying they would still have them (the entire store is deeply discounted, so I worried they would sell out.)

Luckily, when I walked into the store today they had some left. I also saw a cute gold bag and took some photos to send to my friend to help me pick which one I should get:


I was going back and forth and then I decided on the white one (the same one as my coworker) and then just as I was about to finally make a decision, I decided to just "try on" the same purse as the white one, in bright pink. I tried to deny my love for it, but I had fallen- deeply, deeply in love with the pink handbag. It was bright, bold...exciting! It made me happy just looking at it. So that's the one I got.  I still love the white one, but I thought the pink just screamed "Veronika!" Plus, there was one ONE left in pink! IT HAD TO BE A SIGN!!!


It's such a pretty pink. Plus, it will punch up any outfit. I bought this smaller bag because I was tired of lugging around a massive handbag when I went shopping. This bag will allow my debit cards, coupons, iPhone and car keys to fit and that's all I need!  Sometimes taking a heavy bag when you're going to be shopping around for hours is such a hassle and it gets sooo heavy that my shoulder starts to hurt after awhile. Plus, the bag is perfect for a night out, too.

It's cute on the inside too! I can't wait to use it :) I still really love the white one and even the gold one I saw there, but I had to choose. The best part is, I paid for the entire bag with giftcards I got for my birthday, so it was...free!  It originally retailed for $195.00 and I got it on sale for $165.00 plus 40% off which with tax came to about $107.  Worth every penny! I absolutely love it. I don't own one Kate Spade item, so it was fun to buy something from a brand I've never owned. I don't typically go for Kate's handbags because most are too simple (and pricey!) but I just had to have this one.

Next weekend, I am helping to host a baby shower for a friend.  The girls decided on a "sports theme" party and they are asking everyone to wear their favorite sports jersey to the party. I don't even OWN a sports jersey or sports team tee shirt of any kind (not that that would be surprising to most people who read this blog.) I like to play sports, but I don't care to watch them and don't follow any teams (my husband of course, LOVES sports and does the whole fantasy football thing.)

I was kind of at a loss because I'm not really into sports or wearing sports gear (unless it's to actually work out). That all changed when I visited Victoria's Secret today. Behold:

This is about as close to a jersey as it gets for me. It's HOT in Texas and I can't even fathom buying something I'd never wear again- but this cute tee is jersey-esque and I'll wear it for working out too, so it works.

Oh, and I got free flip flops at VS today because they were having a promotion where if you buy anything from the VS PINK line, you get flip flops!  I think the tee is a nice compromise!

Next up, I got this pretty white extra long cardigan from Express. It was on sale for $39.50 but my lovely friend Candice gave me a $10 OFF coupon that she had which brought the price down (awesome!)

I love the pretty crystal buttons. It makes the cardigan more feminine. I actually don't own a white cardi so this was a nice addition to my closet.


The last thing I picked up today was a pretty glittery nail polish from Sephora. I was inspired by Lorraine (her YouTube Channel is TheCurrentCustom) to use glittery polish after seeing her have it on in several of her videos. Sometimes she just does one nail on each hand with glitter other times she puts it on all of her nails. I only plan to use it on my toes so it's not as "in your face." I got the color called "It's Bouquet With Me"which is the same one she has on in her video. I'm going to layer mine over OPI's Lincoln Park After Dark.


I'm excited to use it and I'll post photos when I've used it :)

Did you buy anything this weekend?  I am going to try not to shop for the next two weekends (for clothes and makeup, still need to buy groceries! hehe)

I don't know if I'll make it, but it's worth a try. My husband and I want to plan a vacation to Europe so I am trying to shop less so I can save my money to shop in Europe...and to uh, eat there and stuff.

Thanks for reading and hope you have a fabulous weekend!

xoxo,

Veronika.