Blog Archive

Sunday, July 25, 2010

My Best Friend's Birthday, Inception & OOTN & OOTD

Last night we went out for my best friend's 30th birthday! We had a really good time and I actually ate sushi for the first time in 3 years or so. I had one horrible experience and then never ate it again.  I had these awesome rolls called "crazy Irishman." For those of you in Houston, we ate at Soma and it was fantastic. Great service too.

I wore my new Forever 21 blue dress that I got a couple of weeks ago:

Dress- Forever 21
Shoes- Calvin Klein at DSW
Bracelet- Store in California, don't know the name, it was a gift
Bag- Kate Spade

This dress kind of has a weird fold at the front but I still think it's cute. I love how unique the neckline is. You definitely have to wear pretty lingerie under this one because it will poke out a bit if your dress moves.

...and here are some photos from the evening:


Those cupcakes were SO yummy! HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN CANDICE!  LOVE YOU LOTS!!!  For those of you wondering what I got for Candice- I got her a bathrobe and sleep shirt from Victoria's Secret PINK and a bottle of Gucci Envy :)

Oh, and for my hair last night, I literally spent maybe 10 minutes or so using a curling iron on BIG sections because I was in a rush to get ready. It wasn't as good as I had wanted it to be, but oh well. It worked.


Today my husband and I spent some nice quality time together. We had lunch and then saw Inception. GO SEE THIS MOVIE ASAP! It is really incredible.  I have always been really into learning more about dreams/dreaming because I tend to have very lucid dreams. In fact, I've had some dreams repeat themselves (even ones I've had in my childhood) and I've been able to go and manipulate what happens in those dreams just from having remembered that I've dreamt them before...it's really odd and complicated but also fascinating. This movie is a must-see.  

Funny tidbit- I'm always really cold especially in places that have major AC, so I brought a fleece blanket with me into the theater and it made the movie so much more enjoyable and relaxing because I wasn't shivering the entire time. I thought people would give me weird looks about the blanket, but no one even seemed to notice I had it.

I wore my American Eagle boy fit shorts today. Absolutely love them!

Tank- Marshall's
Shorts- AE Boy Fit Shorts (buy them here!)
Cardigan- Express
Flip Flops- Old Navy
Watch- Michael Kors
Gold Bead Bracelets- Express

I slept on my curls from last night, sprayed some dry shampoo in this morning and had messy bed-head type hair all day. I kind of like the undone look.


I ended up returning the COACH sandals I bought yesterday. Upon further reflection I realized i didn't need them and for the price I'd be better off getting shoes I'd wear more often.  Sometimes when I return something I feel the need to exchange instead of just getting a refund and that can lead to impulsive buys.  You live and learn.

Something fun H and I also did today was house-hunt!  We are likely going to put our home on the market in 2011 and we're just now starting to sort of check out what's out there :) We are definitely ready for a little more room!

Hope you all had a lovely weekend and here's to a fantastic week!

xoxo,

Veronika.