Blog Archive

Friday, July 2, 2010

iPhone 4: Mesmerized & Contest Reminder (Ends Tonight!)



I have an iPhone.

The last time I can remember getting super-excited about a cell phone is when Motorola came out with the RAZR in HOT PINK. I knew I had to have it and I thought it was the most amazing phone ever. I was able to snag the RAZR in hot pink when it first came out. I was SO proud to have it and thought it was the perfect most girly phone ever.

Fast forward a few years and since the RAZR I had a Blackberry Curve for the last 2 plus years. I liked it. I used it for phone and text only. I was never really interested in having internet on my phone because I was either at work where I had internet access or at home where I had internet access. I guess I never really got excited about my Blackberry. It wasn't a bad phone and served it's purpose...but it wasn't fun or exciting...that's what the iPhone brings that other phones lack.

My iphone 4 arrived yesterday and I'm just in awe of it.  I'm also stunned by all of the people who complain about it. I'm just mesmerized every time I look at that tiny sleek phone in my hand and think about all that it can do.  

People all over the internet are complaining about it...but do they not remember what cell phones were before the iPhone?  Smartphones have come such a long way...it's amazing to me that I can go on the internet, make phone calls, watch videos and listen to my iTunes library all from this tiny little device...and the touch screen is so cool...and don't even get me started on the screen's resolution and the camera quality- the images are incredibly crisp, it's a beautiful thing.

By the way, I'm 100% aware of the fact that most people are complaining about reception and the phone's antenna, but I had tons of dropped calls on my Blackberry...it's not the phone, it's the network.

I know I sound like a dork right now, but the iPhone is a new thing for me so I still have that excitement about it.

I ended up getting the black iPhone because 1, I didn't want to wait around for the white one and 2, we needed to cancel my husband's contract because he has a cell phone through work now and we were needlessly paying the bill for a phone he no longer uses.  

I really love how sleek the black one is. I even got a black hard case for it and I love it. Eventually I might get some fun color or print, but I love the black case, it's simple and elegant.  I also need one of those screen protector things but they are sold out at a lot of places.

Do you have the new iPhone 4 or the 3G version? Do you love yours as much as I do?  

Also, please recommend your favorite apps in the comments below! 

xoxo,

Veronika.

PS- It is raining like crazy here in Houston and it's raining all weekend...so I guess the best thing to do would be to go to the mall where it's nice and dry...and where tons of sales are happening ;) 

Ask Me Anything- On Formspring!!!