Blog Archive

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Weekend Shopping: (Thank God for AE's Boyfriend Shorts), Essie's Pink Parka & Homemade Cards


What a random post title, huh? So much happened today that I didn't quite know what to call this post, but I'll start at the beginning.

I got to meet one of my LOVELY blog readers today.  She had bought several items from my blog sale and since she also lives in Houston we decided to meet at a local Starbucks.  Ilham is the most awesome girl.  I just clicked with her right away! She was so sweet (and stylish, of course).  It was a very fun experience! I sometimes wish I could just take all of my favorite bloggers and blog readers, move them to where I live and we could all be best friends

After I met up with Ilham, my husband and I went to DSW because I had to return some shoes.  I stumbled upon these COACH flip flops, and although I usually don't like COACH's  overly-logo'd items, I liked these because 1. they have a cute heart on them and 2. they have support to them instead of just being completely flat and after my episode two weeks ago of hardly being able to walk after wearing flip flips for 5 hours, I was looking for something that will offer a little extra support but still had the flip flop look. I think they're cute to just wear casually, for running errands, etc (excuse the splotchy feet, I forgot to use the barrier cream during my spray tan):


Next up, we went to the Galleria so I could buy my lovely best friend some lovely birthday presents. I have to keep it a secret because I won't see her until tonight and she may read this, but here's a little preview of my wrapping job: (the presents aren't all from VS I just used the boxes)


Pretty, huh? I LOVE VS's boxes and bags. They are so cute! I especially love how they change the bags out during the holidays.

Next up, I was once again sucked in by Zara and just as I was leaving I spotted this lovely loose-fitting tunic dress.

It was on sale, of course, and you know I can't say no to a pretty, versatile tunic dress.  It's perfect for more casual days at work or for running errands. I even joke with my husband that it's an "investment piece" because I'll wear it when I'm pregnant too! LOL.

Then, I got THE boyfriend shorts. I say THE because the lovely Chloe and BeautyGirl24 have raved about these American Eagle shorts and the moment I put them on I knew EXACTLY why. So thank you CHLOE and BeautyGirl24 for telling me about these because I'm seriously in love with how cute and flattering they are!

They're longer than traditional short shorts and they look great with both flats and heels...perfection!

And yet another thanks to Chloe I picked up Essie's PINK PARKA nail polish last week and finally put it on my nails last night and it's LOVE. It's an incredible formula (I only needed 2 coats) and it is literally highlighter neon PINK! I absolutely love it and though it might seem jarring to some, I think it's cute and flattering.  I used my Seche Vite Topcoat over it because the polish actually dries matte.

I'm not sure the photos show it, but they are way bright in real life, but in a good way. If you're looking for a great true hot pink, this is for you.

Before I go I wanted to share a fun little DIY project I did today.  Our neighbors are having their first baby soon and our other friends are celebrating their sons first birthday next week so we got them some gifts and when I got home I realized we had forgotten to get them cards. So I went to my craft drawer, got out my scissors, pearlized paper, leftover wrapping paper and came up with these home-made cards:


...and the gifts ( I suck at wrapping but I decorate to distract from the badly wrapped edges):

Both cards took only minutes to make :) I was proud of my creative little problem-solving!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend! Tomorrow H and I are going to go see Inception. We heard it's really good.  We are also going to drive around and look at houses and see if there are any open houses. We aren't ready to move just quite yet but we want to see what's on the market and all that good stuff.

Update- I totally forgot to add this purchase to my blog post...this cute $16.99 dress from Target! How could I forget?


xoxo,

Veronika.