Blog Archive

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Weekend Shopping: Zara & DSW

Happy Saturday lovely ladies! Before I start this post I want to say that I am going to announce the winner of the contest in a separate post so it's not confusing. So look out for that later today or early tomorrow.  

As many of you read yesterday, it was raining and flooding so we figured we'd try to spend Saturday indoors.  I thought the mall would be an awesome indoor place in which to spend some time so we headed to the Galleria mall to check out the 4th of July sales.

I got my iPhone outfitted today with a clear protector shield thing from the Best Buy Mobile store inside the Galleria. They put it on there for you (it's kind of like the process of tinted car windows).  I believe the shield was $21 and the application of it was about $6.99.  I think that's a great deal to have a protected screen, and it has a lifetime warranty. It can be removed whenever you like too, which is great.

I went to a bunch of stores today just to see what was out there...J.Crew, Ann Taylor, Club Monaco, Norstrom, Macy's, Aldo, etc.

I ended up going to Zara again and picked up two more dresses.  Both of them look very blah on the hangers, but on, they look incredible.  

The first is a dress is a flowy dress with a Grecian-godess-like draping at the front. It looks AMAZING on, when it's belted. I'll have to do an OOTD with it on so you can see.  It's work-appropriate length too! I got this one in a size medium.

I know it looks like a random sack of a dress on the hanger, but I promise it transforms with a belt!

The next is this totally adorable strapless number.  I had initially tried it on in a medium and it was just too big and had too much extra fabric...so if you're trying on this one, I would size down.  I purchased the size small for $39.99 (the other dress was on sale for the same price)

Once again, "blah" on the hanger, but on it is very fitted and sleek. It is also just above my knee in length so it's perfect for work or play.  For work, I would pair this with a belted cardigan and a cute necklace.  I just love it!

I also stopped by Bath & Body Works to pick up some of their body washes that were on sale for $3 (down from $10.50.)  They don't have a lot of the scents on sale, but they have about 5 of them. I got the ones below (the Dove body wash was later purchased at Walgreens on sale for $5.99- down from $9.99)

I love fresh, summery scents!  

After we went to the Galleria I decided to stop in at DSW to see if they had these cute jelly flats in stock (they have them online-here) but unfortunately they weren't in the store.  Can I just have an aside here about jelly flats? I seriously can't imagine a more convenient flat shoe.  They are perfect in any weather, rain or shine and you can wash them with antibacterial soap without ruining them! I love my J.Crew ones and want to build on my collection now.

Anyway, while there, I became unexpectedly attracted to some Calvin Klein platform heels and I just couldn't leave without them. I really think they are a unique looking heel.  What do you ladies think?


I like how they are open-toe and I absolutely love the cutouts on the side. I know I have a lot of black heels...but these seemed different enough to justify. They were $89. That's it for shopping fun!  I think I did well today :)

In other news, here's my nail polish du-jour.  It's Essie's "Exposure," a hot pink color:

It's fun for a change. I must admit that really light pinks and really dark colors are still my favorites, but every once in awhile I like to pump it up a bit.

For makeup, I've recently been using a medium-toned gray cream eyeliner (by Smashbox- the one that came in that free Sephora kit) on my lower lash line and I really love the look of it:

It's kind of a softer look for the lower lashline.

...Before I go, I also wanted to share with you all some outfit of the day photos from the past few days that I didn't upload until today. I figure I might as well share them!

Tee- Victoria's Secret
Pants- Express Editor Pant
Shoes- Aldo
Necklace- NY Light Metals on Etsy.com
Cardigan- Express

I also wanted to show you ladies "third day curls" in my hair.  What I mean by that is that I had hair that was unwashed for 3 days and then I curled it on both the second and third days with a curling iron.  I think they turned out pretty cute!  Please note that I used baby powder on my roots on the 3rd day as a dry shampoo prior to curling it.

Onto the next outfit...it was kind of oddly matched, but I just wore it anyways, because sometimes, you just don't have enough time to change.

 Tank- Banana Republic
Skirt- Banana Republic
Necklace- NY Light Metals on Etsy.com
Cardigan- Forever 21
Shoes- Cynthia Vincent for Target

Did you buy anything this weekend?  Tomorrow I would like to bake cupcakes and see the new Eclipse movie.  Have you seen it yet?

xoxo,

Veronika.