Blog Archive

Sunday, July 11, 2010

More Weekend Shopping: Forever21, Bobbi Brown, Buckle, Old Navy


I just realized that my shopping ban can't truly go into effect because I have to buy a baby shower gift and a birthday gift for my best friend...but those don't technically count, right? Because I'm buying for other people. Sigh. I will continue to work to not shop for myself. That's the goal.

EDIT- would you guys be interested in me having a blog sale? I've been going through my closet and I seriously haven't worn some of the stuff in a long time (or never!)  Let me know and I will post some for sale items. Thank you!!! :)

My lovely H and I both needed shorts. I own 2 pairs of shorts. One white (cargo style) and one pair of denim shorts (from Abercrombie, sigh.)

I wanted plain black shorts. Without all kinds of pockets or belts or pulls. Just plain.black.shorts. It took me SO many stores to find them but I finally found a cute pair at Buckle, which is great because I've never shopped there before.

I got the only size they had left (29) but they actually fit nicely because I can wear them low on my hips.  I like them. I think they were $32.00. I tried to buy on sale ladies, but no other stores had what I was looking for!

Next up, this pretty Long-Wear Cream Eyeshadow by Bobbi Brown. I got the color Navajo (buy it here). I had tested out these cream shadows a few weeks ago and decided to come back to them when I read about them on The Beauty Bite blog.  When I came home, I realized exactly why I love the color. It's basically the cream version of MAC's eyeshadow in "blanc type" which is what I currently use on my entire lid/brow bone area to brighten it up (it's the only e/s I wear for the day.)


See how close they are? Here's some more photos:


I love the texture of the product from swatching it. I'll report back once I've used it for awhile but I have a good feeling about this one. I love love love Bobbi Brown's Longwear Gel Eyeliners so I can imagine I'll love this product too! It's great for summer when makeup tends to just slide right off if you're outside for awhile.

Next up, some purchases from Forever 21 with fitting room pics too!  First, I'll show the dress I didn't get:

I thought it was super cute but I have something really similar to it, a dress I wore to my cousin's wedding:


See? Very similar. I didn't "need" it.  Moving on, the next dress I bought was this cute party dress.  I'm going to wear it the next time I go out. It's low cut and is quite fitted. It's from the LOVE21 collection (XXI's more contemporary line.)


The color is gorgeous and even more beautiful than it photographs. On the hanger it's not much, but on it looks nice:

I really love the neckline on this dress. I think with a great pair of heels and a cute clutch it will be perfect!

The last item I got at Forever 21 was this pretty black dress/tunic with these cool sleeves that kind of are like lace, but not really. Not sure how to describe them. This was one of those pieces I took into the fitting room "just to see" and I ended up loving it the most out of everything!!!


It looks kind of blah/odd on a hanger, but on, I just love.

Right after lunch (at Panera, YUM!!!), we stopped in at Old Navy because they were having lots of sales. I picked up a hot pink sports bra for $3.97 (down from $15) and a tank top for about $6.97.


I think I did pretty well today :) I'm really excited to wear that black dress. I'm not sure what I'll wear it with yet but I'll figure it out!

Before I go, I wanted to share my nail polish fail from yesterday. I used the new glitter nail polish I got at Sephora (That's Bouquet With Me) over OPI's Lincoln Park After Dark and well... it doesn't look great. My husband said my toes reminded him of a bowling ball/ "the kind of nail polish strippers would wear." Hey, at least he was honest.

Excuse the messy paint job:


It's a bit more Halloween than "daily wear" to me, so I'm redoing it tonight. I tried!

By the way, I used the new Kate Spade bag today and it felt amazing to not have to carry a massive bag with me when I went shopping! So glad I got it!

Hope you all had a lovely weekend!

xoxo,