Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Adorn Your Locks: Feathers, Florals and Bows, Oh My!

Hair accessories. They can bring so much to an outfit or a look, and yet many women are afraid to wear them because they think it might appear too bold or cutesy.

I'm here to tell you that hair accessories are
one of the best ways to pretty-up any look!

Ever since Miss Blair Waldorf wore hair accessories from jeweled headbands to feathery fascinators on Gossip Girl, similar styles are available everywhere.



A few of Blair's most famous headbands were made by designer Jennifer Behr, but there are many more affordable options. Today I stumbled upon an adorable website that sells a pretty assortment of hair accessories, called True Birds. (click photo to enlarge)

Forever 21 has an incredible assortment of hair accesories as well- from rhinestone-adorned, bow-shaped bobby pins to feathery hair combs and floral blossoms both loose and affixed to headbands.


J. Crew, Club Monaco, and Bebe also have some gorgeous options if you don't mind spending a little extra.
Do you wear accessories in your hair? I do for almost every evening occasion. I think it adds so much to an outfit and is a nice alternative to traditional jewelry, or in addition to jewelry.

I even wore a feathered fascinator made by Etsy seller LoBoheme on our wedding day (she was even kind enough to feature a few of our wedding pics on her website!)

I'm trying to be bolder and use embellished bobby pins during the day too (I've got ones that have little bows and flowers on them- you just have to be careful so they don't come across as childish.)

Before I go, I wanted to tell you ladies that I wrote my second piece for Houston Culture Map. You can read it here. It was just a quick tidbit for a Christian Dior makeup event I attended and covered. I love DiorShow mascara and many of their other products (I am dying to try their Airflash Foundation but I need to justify the $60 price tag somehow!)

Thanks for reading, and I hope you are all having a great week!


xoxo,


Veronika.