Sunday, November 15, 2009

What's Your Signature Look?

Gwen Stefani's bold red lips, Taylor Swift's bouncy blonde ringlets, Posh's angled bob, and Megan Fox's long raven locks. Many celebrities are well-known for their signature style. It sort of becomes part of their fame persona.




I doubt many of us will ever forget the "Farrah" or "The Rachel." They are ingrained forever in pop culture.

Sometimes a celebrity's signature style- whether it is their hair, makeup or the way they dress, inspires me to try new things.

In the 7th grade, I even tried "The Rachel," which, unfortunately wasn't so great at the time, as I had not yet mastered the art of the blowout.


Nowadays, I'd have to say my "signature style" (makeup wise) are pink cheeks. I love pink blush, and wear it daily (sometimes I'll use a peachy-pink for a little variety). Blush gives a youthful and healthy vibrancy to the skin. I even love the look of SUPER pink blush, like Molly Simm's here:

Hair-wise, though my tresses have been through various transformations and transitional periods, my tried-and-true color is one that's been there all along: my natural color.

While I certainly don't have a full head of my natural color, it is what inspired my "signature" color.
I typically let my hair grow out for 4-6 months in between colorings, and then have foil highlights painted on that are a few shades lighter than my natural color. I also get some neutral brown low lights (close to my natural color) painted into my hair, free-hand.

After years of being blonde, dark, and in between, I've finally found a look I am consistently happy with. It certainly isn't interesting, bold or original...but it is something that works, and is flattering.


I always found that as a blonde and darker brunette, I had to "get used to it" and change my makeup to make my skin look the way it should. Trying different looks is fun...but in the end, I like lower-maintenance color.


I guess I'm always happiest with a certain "look." I fear change, because I worry it won't be "for the better." I've definitely been more daring with makeup lately- I even started to wear eyeshawdow during the day (don't get too excited, I typically only use a shimmery champagne color on my lid, but it's a start!)


Do you have a signature look, or are you always switching it up? What do you change the most about your look? your hair, makeup or fashion/style? Please let me know in the comments below.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

xoxo,

Veronika.