Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Coach Handbags: I May Have to Reconsider

Coach handbags- Love em' or hate em' everyone has an opinion.

I don't particularly like their fabric bags with the logo plastered all over them because one, everyone has them, and two, everyone and their mom has the fake/counterfeit versions.

I've always liked their leather bags with less logo action on them, and this year's holiday line really impressed me...to the point where my entire view on the brand is changing (in a positive way).

I'll start with the LARGE ZEBRA HAIRCALF BROOKE bag. Sigh. It is gorgeous. At $1,400.00, it's no steal, but a girl can dream, right?

The bold print...the gold chain strap.... it is just completely priceless (and uh, apparently completely sold out too, says the Coach website.)

Then, there's the KRISTIN EMBOSSED EXOTICS ZIP TOP TOTE bag. Again, at $1,000, it's not really a "deal" but I've seen less attractive bags retail for more. This is from their business bags line, and it is a very roomy tote, perfect for the girl on the go!

Isn't it just lovely? The texture, color, and gold details look so expensive (well, I guess it is...but you know what I mean!)

Then, there's a little something most women can afford: this adorable POPPY LARGE WRISTLET that retails for $98.00. I absolutely loathe bringing a handbag when I go out, so a clutch or wristlet is the perfect way to stash my gloss, cell and digital camera while still looking chic.

Now, I must admit, I don't own even one Coach handbag. The problem is that the ones I can afford I don't like, and the ones I love I can't afford (or feel too guilty to buy!) I think one year, I'm just going to have to splurge on one of their bags that is classic, like the Kristin Embossed Tote above. I think when you invest in a pricier bag, it needs to transition through seasons.

I tend to use the same bag for fall/winter and spring/summer. I'm pretty loyal- I don't like to switch purses a lot, it's too much effort to transfer all of the contents. It comforts me to know that if I ever dared to spend a grand on a bag, at least I'd use it every single day, possibly for several years.

Do you like Coach bags? How many do you own? Which styles do you like best? Please let me know in the comments below!

xoxo,

Veronika.