Sunday, November 1, 2009

Product Review: Essie Mint Candy Apple & Jewelry Box Organization

I have been kind of post-crazy lately, I know! I wanted to quickly review Essie's highly-anticipated polish "Mint Candy Apple."

Since I was unable to score a bottle of Chanel's "Jade" polish (and by unable, I mean unwilling to spend more than the retail price for it), "Mint Candy Apple" felt like a wonderful solution for my mint-green polish obessession.

I actually painted my nails last night at like 1 a.m. after getting home from our Halloween outing. I like to paint my nails about an hour before I go to bed so they have time to dry (I usually paint them in bed and watch an hour-long show on my DVR as they dry).

As far as the formula goes, I was a bit horrified as I put on the first coat because it was streaking (badly). I discovered the key is to use quite a thick coat on each nail (I did two coats total). I was able to achieve opaque coverage like this, and there are no streaks to speak of!

I absolutely LOVE the color- it's very unique. It is almost like a Tiffany blue (but more minty pastel green). I know this because my closet is painted Tiffany Blue (I had the paint color-matched to a Tiffany box) and the colors are similar.

I love this color, it's great for the holidays (and for spring and summer, too!).

Here are some photos:

I spent my afternoon today doing laundry, cleaning out my horribly messy closet, and organizing my much-neglected jewelry box.

My husband bought me a gorgeous jewelry box from West Elm a couple of years ago for my birthday. I've always loved its modern look, but I was filling it with a bunch of old stuff I haven't worn in years. It was time for a cleansing.

This is the bottom of the jewelry box where I keep some of my wedding accessories and a Tiffany box that contains some of the little earrings and charms I don't wear on the regular.

Here is the top view. This is where we keep our wedding bands, some of my fun cocktail rings and earrings I wear regularly. I also keep some brooches here just for the visual impact. I like to use a jewelry box practically (to store jewelry), and also as a decorative element.

I hang all of my pearl necklaces from the side of the box. I wear pearls pretty often, so I like for them to be easily accessible.

Here is a view from the other side. The cream-colored flowery thing is actually a necklace.

Here is another detailed view (click to enlarge). I actually thew away any broken, cheap or never worn jewelry (nothing that was pricey, just the cheap stuff).

It feels good to have a more streamlined jewelry box :)

Where do you store your jewelry? How often do you clean your jewelry box out? Let me know in the comments below!

xoxo,

Veronika.