Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Carrie Belt

The Carrie belt. Most fashionistas know what I am talking about before even needing to see a photo. Yes, it is the ever so sought-after Patricia Field belt that Carrie wore with numerous outfits in "The Sex and the City Movie" (which came out on my birthday, by the way!)

I have always coveted this rocker-esque belt, but balked at its $150 price tag. I wanted to invest in it, but I was never motivated enough to do it. Then, last weekend, stunningly gorgeous blogger Emily from Cupcakes and Cashmere reignited my desire for the belt when I saw this pic: "I have to have it," I thought to myself. I scoured Forever 21's website and found this similar belt, for $8.80: After seeing Emily use this belt with multiple outfits I just knew it would be the prefect addition to my growing belt collection. I can see it working beautifully with dresses, a trench coat, loose bohemian-like tops...the possibilities seem endless. I will take some photos of it with various outfits when it arrives.

I also took some photos today of my outfit of the day. Today was a more casual day, but I still felt like wearing a dress, so I just went for it.

Dress- Forever 21; Tights- Target; Shoes- Jessica Simpson; Cardigan- Express; Necklace-Forever 21.

Do you wear belts a lot? What are your favorite styles, and what do you like to wear them with?

Hope everyone has a happy Friday tomorrow (or today, if you are reading this on Friday!)

xoxo,

Veronika.