Sunday, November 1, 2009

A Halloween Night's Makeup

As I mentioned in my last post, I totally wasn't into Halloween this year. We ended up watching a scary movie while eating pizza and drinking some wine, and then we went to a house party in Bellaire that was so crowded- I've never seen anything like it! They cleared out all of the furniture and the massive living room was a huge dance floor complete with DJ and disco lights. Among the night's great costumes were a guy who dressed up as a Facebook profile page and a guy who dressed up as Tom Cruise's character in the movie "Tropic Thunder."

I ended up wearing a party dress and pink bunny ears. How original, right!? I used my Coastal Scents 88 Warm palette and my Too Faced "French & Fabulous" palette to create my eye look for the evening (I also used my amazing new Sigma brushes- can't wait to review them!). The fake lashes I got at Sally's were a mess! I had to cut them way shorter because they were so long they just looked awful. After I trimmed them, I thought they looked OK!

The eyes:

The lips (MAC Dazzleglass in "Rags to Riches")

The overall look:
My husband wore the same panda mask he wears every year, and styled his hair into a faux-hawk. Very cute. I'll spare you the panda mask pic, as it is kind of an angry looking panda.
Overall, Halloween was laid-back this year. The most fun part for me, was doing my makeup and having fun experimenting with my new brushes. Hopefully next year, I'll plan in advance and have an awesome costume.

I have to clean out my closet today- it is an absolute mess. Some of you might know I completely re-did our closet a few months ago ("The Tifffany Closet Project), so I'll do a post about that, and also discuss how I organize my closet.

I painted my nails with Essie's Mint Candy Apple today, and they look incredible! It looks very much like what I imagined Chanel's "Jade" would have looked like. I have to fix a few of the mistakes I made, and when I do, I'll snap a photo for you all. (I always always get nail polish on the sides of my nails- to get it off, I take a hot shower and it comes right off the sides if you just lightly scrape it off while you are in there).

Thanks for reading, and if you haven't already, please enter my 100 subscribers contest!

Hope you all had a happy Halloween!

PS- how cute is our adorable shih-poo Lulu?


xoxo,

Veronika.