Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Forever 21 Launches New Cosmetics Line- Will You Try it?

Affordable-chic clothing and accessories retailer Forever 21 recently launched a cosmetics line called "Love & Beauty" by Forever 21.

The line features eye pencils, eye shadows, lips glosses, nail polish and more...


Beauty confession: I am a total beauty snob. I like the higher end lines and products. That said, I love a drugstore mascara as much as the next girl, but 90% of my cosmetics are from MAC or Sephora (I can't say the same for hair products though- I'll try anything!)

Drugstore products have come a long way. Many products that can be found at your local CVS or Walgreens are now on par with some of the offerings of higher-end brands. Formulas are long-lasting, highly-pigmented and come in a variety of shades and colors. Plus, you can't beat the price ($6 for three eye shadows that can create an entire eye look, is a lot more budget-friendly than one $14 eye shadow from MAC.)

I guess I just think that Forever 21 should probably stick to what they know best- trendy, low-priced clothing and accessories. When it comes to makeup and skin care products, I tend to think that price is a reflection of the quality of the formula. I have fairly sensitive skin, so I have to be careful.

Forever 21's cosmetics line may appeal to some of their younger customers, like pre-teens, but I can't imagine someone my age, or older being interested in their line. Now, I'm not one to judge a product before trying it- but I won't be trying their products at all. I'd rather save my $6 for a L'oreal or Cover Girl mascara than chance it on a Forever 21 eye liner.

There are plenty of lower-cost lines like NYX, N.Y.C. and Milani that make great products, but I find that only some of the products are great, and others are more "you get what you pay for" kind of products.

Will you try any of the makeup from Forever 21's new line? Stephie from "Superficial Obession" wrote a blog recently all about her drugstore faves...go check hers out, and then tell me about your can't-live-without-em' drugstore faves. Please share them in the comments below.

Also, for anyone interested, here is my Outfit of the Day:

Dress: Express, $59.50- I love this dress because it is one piece and very comfortable. I wore a black cardigan over it as well, but took it off for the photo to show the tank-style top of the dress.

xoxo,

Veronika.