Sunday, November 8, 2009

A Weekend Haul & Second Chances

I went to Sephora this weekend to get the cute little clutch they were advertising (spend $50, get a clutch full of samples.)

While there, I finally picked up Benefit's Coralista blush that I've been wanting to own for awhile. I love it! It's a gorgeous peachy-pink. It will be the perfect blush for our tropical vacation in January. It goes on fairly sheer and has a healthy-glow sheen to it, without being too shimmery.

I also picked up a new product from a line I hadn't heard of, but it was so gorgeous and shimmery, I just had to have it. It's called
Mary-Lou Manizer by a brand called "The Balm." It is a gold luminizing powder that goes on smooth and is very pigmented. I use it on my nose as a highlight (down the center), on my eyelids, and as a cheek-bone highlight. I have to say I think this is one of the best luminizing products I've stumbled upon. It was 22$ for a nice-sized compact, and it has amazing reviews on Sephora.com too, if you'd like to read more about the product.

In the meantime, here are the photos:



...and here is the cute clutch that came free with my purchase at Sephora:


I also picked up this Fekkai glaze for my hair...I will review it once I've tried it. They had the travel size on promotion at Sephora for $5, so I thought, why not?

Speaking of vacation time, I also bought this adorable bikini at Victoria's Secret. I had admired it online for quite some time, and the top was back-ordered until late December, so I never placed my order. Imagine my surprise when I saw the very same frilly bikini in the store. I just had to have it (and I was able to use a coupon too!) I also appreciated the fact that I could try it on!


I didn't buy this palette over the weekend, but I mentioned it a few weeks ago and realized I never took and photos for you all! It is by Too Faced, and it called "French & Fabulous." I love all of the colors! I definitely think it is a worthwhile palette to have in your collection. It also includes two bronzers (which I haven't tried yet) which I think is a great addition, especially as a touch-up kit or for travelling.


On friday morning, I blew-out my hair, and I remembered a YouTube video I saw recently where Blair used the CHI 44 Iron Guard before she used heat on her hair. I remembred I had this product from long ago, and banished it to the back of my cabinet because I hated it at the time. It made my hair feel stiff and starched and gross. I decided that Blair had such great hair, and that if it worked for her, I ought to give it another shot...and I'm so glad I did.

I used it on DRY hair (this is key) before flat ironing, and it made my hair feel smoother and softer. I spray 2-3 sprays on each section and use the flat iron immediately after spraying. I don't know what I did wrong the first time I used it, but the lesson to be learned here, is that sometimes, a banished product is worth a second chance!


Which products are you glad you gave a second chance to? What did you buy this weekend? Please leave a comment below!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

xoxo,

Veronika.