Wednesday, November 4, 2009

October Favorites


I'm going to go ahead and follow the beauty blogger/YouTube beauty Guru trend and do an October favorites post. Some of the products mentioned are some of my long-term favorite products, and others are ones I've purchased recently. I'll also include trends I'm loving, just because.

1. Short, painted nails. I absolutely love short, well-manicured nails. They are easy, professional and look good on most people. My favorite October colors included: OPI- Sapphire in the Snow, No Spain No Gain, We'll Always Have Paris and Light my Sapphire; and Essie's Mint Candy Apple, of course!

2. Bobbi Brown blush in "Peony." Ever since getting this gorgeous bright pink blush, I haven't even touched my other ones. It is a matte finish, and applies sheer, so your cheeks are more "pink flushed" than "Malibu Barbie."


3. Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum: read my review, here

4. Sleep. I get at least 8 hours a night. I know sleep isn't a product, but it is definitely a beauty treatment in that if you get enough sleep, you reduce stress and your body has enough time to regenerate. They don't call it beauty sleep for nothing!


5. Growing out my hair- everyone always tells me "but it's already long!" Not long enough for me! I'm working on growing it even longer so that I can wear it in those long, pretty soft waves like I used to. I think about 4 more inches would be ideal. My hair grows really slowly so I might even try taking Biotin again and see what happens.


6. Velcro rollers- if you don't have them, get them. They create lasting shape and volume in 20 minutes or less. A must for every girl who likes a good blowout.

7.
Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy Body Wash- I use it after hitting the gym to feel refreshed and relaxed.

8. Brazilians. I know, I know, TMI...but if I can help anyone by posting this, I've done my job. Ditch your razor and ingrowns, and get a professional Brazilian wax. I go to the European Wax Center and I swear to you it does NOT hurt. They use a special kind of stripless wax and the results are incredible. I am SO over my razor. (To give you a backstory, I once got a wax in a lady's home and it hurt so bad I had tears streaming down my face and I let out a few muted screams. The new wax place pain level is a 1.5 at most out of 10)

9. Bumble and Bumble Creme de Coco hair mask. I like this mask a lot. It hasn't transformed my hair or anything but it is deeply moisturizing and is a great treatment for parched, damaged ends like mine. No product is going to save these ends, only scissors can save me now!

10. Roots. As long as there is not a high contrast between your dyed and natural hair, I think this can be an incredibly sexy and wearable look. My highlights are blended nicely, so I have about 5 months of roots in my hair before I even have to have it colored again.


11. Working out again- I don't go every single day, but even just 3 times a week makes me feel better about life and relieves stress. Ahhh....


12.
Sigma Makeup Brushes- if you need new brushes, buy these today. I promise you won't regret it. I can't imagine anyone not enjoying these (but I guess it's possible!)

13.
Cupcakes and Cashmere- this girl's got serious style. Check out her blog- I spent like 2 hours last weekend reading her entire blog. She posts on the daily and is truly a fashion inspiration (and hair, and makeup and accessories). She's just got the entire package, and she inspires me to want to be more fashionable.

14. Origins "Clear Improvement" facial mask- the active charcoal mask clears out pores and makes my skin feel smooth and cleansed. It looks a bit creepy when it's on, but the results are worth it. Be careful if you have acne-prone skin, it draws impurities to the surface and can cause breakouts because of this. I'd recommend this mask for anyone with normal or combination skin who doesn't have any major acne.

15. MAC Dazzleglass and Dazzleglass cream- these glosses are so gorgeous, I hope they never stop making them. Among my faves are "Babysparks," "My Favorite Pink," and "Rags to Riches."

16. A Positive Attitude- Lately, I've realized more than ever before how important it is to have a positive attitude, embrace who you are, and love and embrace others for who they are. There is something to be said about always trying to see the best in people. It's all about the karma!


I can't wait to read what your October favorites are! Please share them in the comments below!

xoxo,

Veronika.