Monday, November 23, 2009

A Little Beauty Trick: Apply Airbrush Self-Tanner with a Makeup Sponge for a Flawless Face!

As I got out of the shower tonight after my workout, I noticed how pale my skin was. I hadn't self-tanned in a couple of weeks, and I was starting to look...sickly (at least that's how I feel when I don't have a least a hint of color to my skin.)

When I'm working out regularly, I like to self-tan, even through the fall and winter. It makes me feel like my results are more obvious when I have a little color to my skin, because a tan gives the illusion that you've dropped at least 5 lbs from your frame.


Though I hate the smell, waiting for it to dry and feeling sticky...I caved and broke out my Ulta Airbrush self tanner, which I followed by using L'oreal Sublime Bronze Gel (I like to layer formulas.)


Tomorrow, I'll wake up to lightly bronzed skin (yay!)

Marisa Miller's pretty bronzed skin at the VS Fashion Show 2009 after party

Now, what I really want to focus on in this post is self-tanning the face. The face can be tricky...go too dark, and it will be horribly obvious...go too light, and you won't notice a wash of color at all.

One more pic from this year's show...don't want to show too many spoilers- the ones in a previous post were from last year's show.

Tonight, I tried a new technique. Instead of using my Clarins SPF 6 tanning milk on my face like usual, I sprayed the Ulta Airbrush self tanner onto a round makeup sponge (the one that comes with MAC's Studio Fix) and then I applied it to my face using the sponge.

I was able to blend right into my hairline, ears and neck with ease and it distributed the color evenly. I just thought I'd share this technique because it really makes using an airbrush product easier (I hate spraying it directly onto my face- I never feel like it gives an even application because my eyes are closed, and breathing the fumes in is quite awful.)


So yeah, that's what I did tonight. I'm sitting here on my laptop, on our couch, and I can still smell it! It's like the self-tanning smell never dies. UGH!


Do you self tan in the fall and winter, or is it part of your summer routine only?
I guess because I live in Texas, I like to have a light tan even through the winter.

Let me know in the comments below!

xoxo,


Veronika.