Wednesday, October 6, 2010

2011 Health & Fitness Goals & Help Me Make a (Hair) Decision

Happy Wednesday everyone! It's been a pretty busy week for me but I've been able to stick to my classes and did Pilates yesterday and today. 

I was thinking about my fitness goals for 2011
and as I was looking through some old photos on my laptop, I saw the one below from the day after our wedding.  We had laid out at the pool at our hotel for a couple of hours and I remember H taking this photo.  Until I saw it now, over a year later, I didn't realize how much more in shape I was then.  I can clearly tell that the work I did paid off- I was more toned, defined and lean.  My goal is to get back to this body:

The odd part is, that when I did have this body, I didn't realize it at all.  It's only when I stopped working out consistently that I noticed how much better my body looking when this picture was taken.

So yeah, that's my goal. To get back to regular working out and to be toned and healthy.  I think I am going to see my trainer for the first time tomorrow so that should be a tough workout since the last time I saw him I was in much better shape than I am now. I'm getting better though, I can feel that I'm getting stronger again and it feels good.

WHAT ARE YOUR 2011 FITNESS GOALS?

Onto topic number two, I NEED YOUR ADVICE READERS!  I would love it if everyone would chime in on this. Yes, it's about my hair. I know. I get crazy and emotional about it. 

So, here's the deal.  I wrote awhile ago that my hairdresser moved to Italy but that he was coming back.
Well, he's not coming back. He got a job there. I am really happy for him because he's happy there and doing what he loves...but my hair is sad.

So I booked an appointment this Saturday with a stylist that he recommended so I could move on....BUT then I got an email from him saying he would be home for awhile in November (maybe a couple of months).

So, here is my predicament (and I think I know the answer in my heart)...should I:

A.  Wait for my hairdresser to come back from Italy and see him one last time to do my hair...it will be another month before I can see him (at least)

OR

B.  Go to the new girl and move on, because it is inevitable anyway and she is talented and comes recommend by my current hairdresser

I am leaning towards B.  I just think that it might be time to carpe diem and just accept that hairdressers come and go. My hair colors are on file and my hair isn't complicated.  Also, I have like 5 months or more of roots going on right now.

What do you ladies think?  One last hurrah with my colorist or carpe diem and move on to the new one? Let me know what you would do in the comments below.


For those of you who don't remember, here is my lovely hairdresser David. Thanks in advance for your comments and advice! Don't forget to tell me about your 2011 fitness goals!

xoxo,

Veronika.