Sunday, October 10, 2010

Hitting the Books: Confessions of a Shopaholic, Lauren Conrad Style & More!

I got a coupon in my email last night for 40% off of one book at BORDERS so H and I hit the bookstore this morning to pick up a few books.

Some of you may know this already and others may not...but H and I are going to Paris for Christmas and London for New Years (eekkk!) We are SO excited! Although I was born in Europe, I have only ever been back to the homeland (Slovakia) and H has only been to Spain so it will be incredible to experience this together.  I think it will be so pretty and romantic over the holidays too! 

I bought a travel guide and also a french quick reference book.  Some of you might not know this but I actually did French Immersion from grades 4 through 12 but because I haven't spoken it in many many years I need to brush up on my french before we go.

The other books are Sophie Kinsella's new book from her "Confessions of a Shopaholic" series which I love and Lauren Conrad's Style book.

I wasn't going to buy Lauren Conrad's style book initially, but then I read Lace & Blush's review of it and I just had to have it.  I already started to read it and I must admit it's a nice read and she gives great tips on staple items, styling, shopping, organizing, traveling etc.  It's not necessarily things I didn't already know but she does give some great style advice and there are lots of gorgeous photos (I don't think she can take a bad picture!) 

My favorite part is where she shows 5 ways to wear one dress.  She has some great ideas like put a lace slip underneath and just let it poke out a bit- very vintage-y and pretty.

Back to Paris-  I need to do some serious shopping before we go.  Because I moved to Houston I didn't bring any heavy coats with me so I need to get a few winter-friendly pieces/

On my list?

Flat boots
Boots with a stacked heel (nothing stiletto-esque)
Heavier coat
Skinny Jeans- dark denim and black
New camera (to take tons of pics!)
Gloves
New scarf
Winter hat
Small crossbody bag- to keep tour guide book, passport, money with me at all times


Can you think of anything else I might need? Let me know in the comments below!

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend!

xoxo,

Veronika.