Saturday, October 9, 2010

Finally Colored My Hair & Weekend Shopping (Some OOTD's too!)


I am SO HAPPY today!  You know how I was all nervous about getting my hair done and going to a new person to get my hair colored? Well, I think a picture says a thousand words:

I am THRILLED with the way my hair turned out!  I went to Stephanie at Cutloose and she totally understood exactly what I wanted.  I am SO happy I found such an awesome hairdresser.  Stephanie recently got to work at fashion week, so I asked if she would share her experience with my readers so look out for that interview soon!

I mentioned to Stephanie that I love the ombre hair look but that I wasn't ready to take the plunge so she added some lighter pieces in the front underneath part of my hair and they just blend beautifully with the rest of the color.  I honestly hadn't realized how horrible my hair looked until I got it done today.  You see, Stephanie has mirrors both in front and behind her station so I was able to see the back of my head and man oh man did I have a lot of roots and dullness! I am so happy to have had my color touched up, everything is back to normal now!

I am also going to have Stephanie trim my hair in the next week or two.  I really trust her and she has long hair herself so I know she gets that I want to keep it long.  I can't wait to see how she trims it! I definitely need to have my layers taken up and overall just have it reshaped so it styles better.

Here are some more pics of the color (excuse the messy hair, I was trying on clothes all day while shopping.)
With Flash
 Without Flash

Now onto some OOTD's that I wore this week.  I kind of dressed more casually this week. Here's one of my outfits:
Top- Target
Cardigan- Tristan & America
Pants- Express
Shoes- Aldo

 
Dress- Target (I've worn this one a lot!)
Belt- Forever 21
Cardigan- White House Black Market
Shoes- Jessica Simpson


In addition to my incredible hair appointment, I had a wonderful shopping trip as well!  I was so happy with my finds.

First, I got this AMAZING blazer at Express. I have been wanting one for quite awhile but could never find one that I loved the fit of.  This one is perfection and has stretch to it so it's so comfy in addition to being stylish. It also looks equally great worn both opened and buttoned.  It retails for $98 but I bought it using a discount coupon.  I highly recommend this blazer. I got a size 2 because I love the look of it being really fitted.  The size 4 fit as well but I thought the shoulder part on the size 2 looked nicer on my body (the jacket has shoulder pads).



Next up are these two incredible dresses from Charlotte Russe. I was so surprised when I tried these on because number one, they are both long enough to wear for work and number 2, they fit extremely well and are totally flattering.  I am beyond thrilled about these dresses. They were both $26. 


I just realized I have fitting room pics of these!

The first dress (above) has the most gorgeous full skirt.  The top is very flattering and the straps are adjustable so if you want to pull the neckline up you can.  The second dress (below) is stunning on.  It skims the body and hugs it in all the right places without being too tight. I actually got this in a size large because the medium fit perfect but it's a dress that needs a slip so I needed to have room to accommodate that.  I also wanted to get the extra length that comes with a larger size. It doesn't look like much on the hanger but it has very interesting sleeves. I honestly think this dress looks expensive when it's on.


I picked up a couple of things at VS PINK too!  I got these v-neck tees (2/$24). I got these in a size large because I like my tees to be looser for working out.  They are so comfy and they have such cute colors out right now!



Lastly I got some super-comfy boyfriend sweats.  They are really flattering especially if you don't like tighter fits around your thighs. They are a relaxed, loose-fitting style. Absolutely love them!  I got the black ones in a size small. You can see them here, on the Victoria's Secret PINK website. I am wearing them right now! They are the perfect lounge pants!

While shopping, I also checked out GAP's sale.  I got this cute navy-blue patent wallet for just $7!!!  I was really happy to get such an inexpensive wallet since I hadn't been using one for quite some time.


I do have a vent though.  GAP's customer service was atrocious today.  Not only does their new logo look awful...but their service was terrible too. I was shopping in the Houston Galleria store and I was trying to find something in the store that was on a mannequin.  I finally tracked down a girl who worked there and she pointed in some random direction and said "it's probably over there" even though I told her I checked that area. OK.

So I finally just give up and start trying to take the jacket off of the mannequin because there was no one around to help me (why isn't their store adequately staffed on a SATURDAY when they are having a SALE?!) I soon realized the arm of the mannequin was attached to the hip so it would have to be removed to take the jacket off.

I once again went on a search for ONE employee that was not working cash and they were nowhere to be found. I even checked the fitting room area to try and find someone to help me there and instead of employees I found 2 people waiting in line, also confused as to why the store had no staff.

Someone at the cash register finally helped me take the arm off of the mannequin and I tried on the jacket and wanted to put it on hold (I ended up buying the way cuter Express blazer anyway) but I had to buy the wallet. There were 3 people on cash with a line of 6 people or so.  Does anyone else get annoyed when you have to wait in a long line to buy something? I know it's inevitable but sometimes it's just ridiculous.

I have recently had a lack of good customer service at both Banana Republic (which I emailed corporate about and got a response) and now at GAP.  I have worked at GAP before when I lived in Canada so I'm not really sure what's going on with the stores and why they aren't staffed properly on weekends.

So ladies...what do you think of my hair!? Did you buy anything this weekend? Have you experienced bad customer service recently? Share your story below!


xoxo,

Veronika.