Monday, October 4, 2010

Motivation Mondays: Audrina Patridge Works it Out

Today's Motivation Monday features Audrina Patridge of "The Hills" and "Dancing with the Stars" fame. Obviously I don't know her so I didn't get to interview her like I usually do for this feature, but I did find a few of her fitness tips online and am compiling them in this entry.

I am obsessed with the blog Hills Freak and I always admire Audrina's style and of course her body!  She is very fit and even more toned since she's been training and performing on Dancing with the Stars. This is a picture-heavy post, with all photos from Hills Freak (thanks Kelli!)

Among Audrina's health and fitness tips?
  • She works out at least five times a week
  •  She does laps in her backyard pool, hikes in Runyon Canyon, goes for a run or does weight training
  • "Even when I'm just sitting in front of the TV, I lift five-pound weights or do squats."
  • "I wear heels when I vacuum, because it works my calves and my butt!"
  • She works out with a trainer
  • She has always been in shape and was on the swim team when she was younger
  • “I go to the beach on the weekends and play volleyball.  Or I’ll go kayaking in Malibu. I like finding things to do outside. I hate being cooped up in the gym.”
  • When she does head to the gym, Patridge focuses on toning and defining: after 15 minutes on the elliptical glider, she works her arms with 5-pound weights, keeps her belly flat by doing crunches on a balance ball and lifts her posterior with squats and lunges.
  • I try to eat as healthy as I can. I eat alot of vegetables, fruit, fish, chicken. I never eat sweets or drink soda. I always drink water or iced tea. I take vitamins everyday.
  •  From her Twitter page "Just left rehearsal… Dancing is probably the BEST workout everrr!! And your having fun at the same time.” 
  • "I am not really big on sweets. I don’t like desert. I don’t like certain kinds of candy I’m not a big chocolate fan.”
  •  "I have all this natural energy from being active everyday," Patridge, 25, tells People of her new found fitness addiction. "I feel toned and defined."

Holding a LuluLemon bag!
(x17online.com)
I know it's Motivation Monday, but I had to skip my Pilates class tonight.  My stomach has been weird all day and I actually fell asleep while writing this entry. I felt very tired suddenly and the next thing I knew I was dozing off on the couch, laptop still in my lap, this entry open. Not sure why I'm so tired today...I slept my 8 hours and everything (no, I'm NOT pregnant.) Guess I'm just feeling exhausted...On the plus side, my H made a very yummy dinner- whole wheat angel hair pasta and shrimp with marinara pasta sauce. So delicious! Thank goodness he can cook! I'm going to drink some gingerale to see if it helps with my tummy.

I always thought it might be fun to try a dancing class as a workout. I've heard a lot of great things about Zumba too. What do you think of Audrina's tips? I could never get on board with no sweets (I am addicted) but I love her ideas like wearing heels when she vacuums or taking her workouts outside (hiking or playing volleyball). Audrina strikes me as someone who isn't obsessed with food intake and just lives by the principles of moderation and portion control.

I also love Audrina's former costars Lauren Conrad and Lo Bosworth. They have enviable frames as well!

xoxo,

Veronika.