Tuesday, October 19, 2010

OOTDs & MakeUp Storage Re-Do


I've had this dull pain in my right lower abdomen all day :(  I was supposed to see my trainer tonight but I can see now that's not going to happen. I'd hate to waste a session being in pain so I'm going to wait and see if this goes away. Hopefully it's nothing.

On Sunday, I went a little cleaning and organizing crazy. I always have these moments where I think everything is too cluttered and messy and I find a new solution to make everything feel calm and organized again.  You may remember that several months ago I bought clear mini storage drawers to store my makeup on my bathroom counter. This worked well for me but I noticed that they took up a lot of room and also that water would gather underneath the plastic (from washing my face and hands) and then granite would get all dark.  I decided it was time to downsize and keep everything a little more hidden.

I made use of the drawers in my bathroom counter and decided to store  my products there so it would be out of sight and easily accessible. I used the boxes our Vera Wang cutlery came in as drawer dividers (I like to get creative!)



Now my counter is much more clutter-free with just my brushes, eyeliners and
mascaras on the ledge.


I also have bobby pins, skincare, fragrance and q-tips stored in the cubbies of a cabinet we've affixed to the wall (did not come with the house)


I must say I really enjoy this new setup.  Everything is easy to access and when I'm done using products I can slip them right back into the drawers and they are hidden away
I hope to have larger/longer counter tops in our next home.

How do you organize your makeup? Do you ever get tired of the way you organize things and change them?

Here are my Monday and Tuesday outfits:
 
Top- BCBG
Skirt- Banana Republic
Shoes- "Me Too" at DSW
Cardigan- WHBM
Necklaces: Tiffany & Co.


Dress- Charlotte Russe
Belt- Tory Burch
Shoes- Jessica Simpson

Thanks so much for reading :)

xoxo,

Veronika.