Sunday, October 3, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up & New Tiled Capiz Table Lamp from West Elm


I was kind of in a bad mood this weekend.  It all started when on Saturday after Pilates class I walked to my car and saw that someone had left their poor barking little dog in the car for the entire class. They had ONE window cracked and the dog was barking incessantly (what dog likes to be left in the car alone after all.)  It just really made me sad that people who are pet owners do this.  Why couldn't they just leave the dog at home like a proper dog owner?  Saturday was a cooler than usual day in Houston but it still got into the 80's.  I am just very adamantly against people leaving their dogs in the car in any temperature (especially hot weather.) I just feel like anyone who does that doesn't deserve to have a pet.  You wouldn't leave your child in the car intentionally...so why your dog?  I talked to the management of the Pilates studio about it and we left a note on the car that says "not safe for dog" but I still felt enraged and very upset...I am still upset about it right now.  I just cannot understand why people think their hot cars are better for their pets than just leaving them at home.  The dog was clearly upset/anxious jumping around in the car and barking nonstop.  I planned to stay until the person got into their car but the owner told me that all of the classes were done that morning so the person was going to leave in the next 5 minutes.  I wish I would have had the guts to confront the person...leaving your dog in the car for an hour is just NOT OK.  It's just not.

Sorry for my vent there...I'm just really passionate about pet safety.

On Friday, Candice and I attended the "Night in Spain" fashion show at Lakewood Church featuring clothes from Dillard's.  I am working with the producer of the show on another event and I just have to say the styling was amazing!!!  I was so impressed with how him and his team weaved the Spanish theme through the show-even the music was incredible.  I was also really impressed with the brands and styles offered by Dillard's. I had no idea they have so many cute dresses for both work and play. I am definitely going to have to check the store out more often. 


The show featured a bunch of local TV personalities like Melissa Wilson, Deoborah Duncan, Dominique Sachse and many more.  After the show it was announced that Dr. Robert Rey from the popular television show Dr. 90210 was there. How random!  He was really nice and signed autographs for people and talked to some fans. I wasn't able to get a good picture on my iPhone but here he is with Victoria Osteen (who is absolutely gorgeous by the way...her skin is flawless and her hair is incredible.)

We didn't get a chance to say hello but it was such a great event and fabulous show- plus all proceeds benefited Victoria Osteen's Child Literacy charity.  I wore my JPG for Target dress with my WHBM cardigan over it:
 

A lot of people request for me to post more casual outfit photos! I basically lived in my Pilates clothes this weekend.  Here's what I wore:


How cute is my little bow headband!?  I always wear little bow headbands to keep my hair back.  They are cute and get the job done. The tights are LuluLemon's Wunder Under Pinktuck tights and the tee is a cheapie from Forever21. 

Today H and I realized that we still had design dollars from West Elm that we had to use by October 15th.  We visited the store this afternoon and I finally got a lamp for our desk in our living room.  I am so glad I found this lamp, it's really gorgeous! It's called the Tiled Capiz Table Lamp.  We paid under $100 for it with our design dollars!

Here it is on our desk:



Yay! A finishing touch to the desk :)


I still have A LOT of cleaning to do today so I'm going to relax a bit before I get to it

Hope you all had a lovely weekend!

xoxo,

Veronika.