Saturday, October 23, 2010

Weekend Shopping: Boots & Coats

This morning I went and got my hair cut by the lovely Stephanie at Cutloose (click here to read her Motivation Mondays piece!)

She did such a wonderful job and my hair feels lighter and so much better than before. You sometimes don't realize how "heavy" your hair gets when you're growing it out. My layers needed some major length chopped off. I think the cut brings out the color so much better too:


Today I bought BOOTS!!!  and a COAT!!!  Candice and I visited Nordstrom and pulled a bunch of boots to try on.  Of course I didn't find flat boots today. But I did get a pair of heeled boots, which is something I really needed to add to my collection (because um, all I have is one pair of UGGS- two suitcases people!, two suitcases!).  I plan to bring these to Paris and just wear them out for dinner and stuff, not for heavy walking.

The boots are by Jessica Simpson.  I was surprised because I had no idea what brand they were until I made the decision to purchase them. I really love them. The color and fit are just perfect! You can buy them here.

I also love the coat I got from Zara. It was quite pricey at about $169 but I saw the same prices at Macy's and other stores for wool coats. I actually tried Macy's first and they didn't have any coats I really loved, which surprised me.  I just thought this one from Zara has such a flattering fit and is the perfect length for my tall body.  I also tried it on with a few belts and love the look!


I am still on the hunt for flat boots. I tried the popular Steve Madden "Intyce" boots on, but the foot part just didn't look right on me.  When you have bigger feet (I wear a 10) it's harder to find flat boots that don't look huge.  So I'm still on the lookout! I don't want to spend a ton on them.

Paris is feeling so much more real now that I'm actually buying stuff to take there!  We are so excited :)

xoxo,

Veronika.

PS- let me know if you did any weekend shopping!