Blog Archive

Sunday, May 30, 2010

27, Sunscreen Rave & Birthday Wrap-Up

It's 12:02 a.m. right now, which means my 27th birthday is officially over, and it was such a great one!

I started my day today with a Starbucks Skinny Vanilla Latte and a spinach egg wrap.  Perfection. If only every day could start that way.

Then my husband some friends and I headed to the Four Seasons for some pool time (because really, you can't ever really have enough pool time.)  There were a lot of people there so we didn't stay long, but it was fun and relaxing nevertheless.

After the pool we had mexican food as a late lunch and called it a day.  I spent the rest of the afternoon watching TV and taking naps.

As I woke from one of my naps, I realized I needed to kick it into high gear because um, our bed is coming in tomorrow.  We ordered the West Elm Diamond Tufted Headboard and a new bed frame and it has arrived so we are going to pick it up tomorrow.

I have spent the last 4 hours or so cleaning my entire house. Sometimes I go on these cleaning rampages and I just don't stop until everything is spotless.  I think the cleaning fumes have gotten to me, lol.

Our new bed is my birthday present from my husband and I can't wait to show it to you guys!  Our bedroom is very neglected decor-wise, because I wanted to focus my decor efforts (and budget) on rooms we hang out in all of the time (ie: our living room area.) I can't wait to give our bedroom some much-deserved TLC!  I'm going to get new bed sheets too...and throw pillows...but don't tell my husband... I have a pillow addiction so I have to nonchalantly just buy them at the register acting like nothing's goin' on! (I hope he doesn't read this hehe!)

(this is our headboard, but in the color "otter" which is a darkish gray)

Now onto a review. I mentioned a few posts ago that I had purchased La Roche Posay's new fluid sunscreen (called Anthelios SPF 60).  This is a product I feel is going to be a HG product for me, for so many reasons:

1.  It's a fluid, so you don't have to use a lot and it spreads so easily
2. No harsh scent
3. Leaves skin matte
4. Doesn't look or feel like you are wearing sunscreen
5. Looks incredible under makeup
6. Makeup still looks great hours later, even after being in the sun

La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid for Face, 1.7-Ounce Bottle 

I believe I paid $29.00 for a bottle of this sunscreen, but since I only use it when I'll be outside for long periods of time (like pool days) the cost feels justified to me.  I really love it.  I know Kiehl's has come out with a similar product called Super Fluid UV Defense but I haven't tried that one.  It is a bit pricier than the LRP sunscreen.
Kiehls Super Fluid Uv Defense 1.7 Oz

I will definitely post pictures tomorrow. Thank you again to everyone who left lovely comments and birthday wishes. I appreciate you all <3

xoxo,

Veronika.