Blog Archive

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Not So Good Day Ulta & VS Swim Rave!


Today I dragged my sick little self out of the house because I wanted to go to Ulta to redeem my $5 off coupons that I got several weeks ago.  When I got those coupons I was so excited because the girl at the cash register told me I can use all $20 worth of them in one purchase! I was like YESSS!!! $20 worth of stuff for free!

You know how when things sound too good to be true, they usually are?  I picked up a bottle of Marc Jacobs Daisy perfume only to find out that fragrances and anything on the entire right side of the store weren't eligible for the offer. OK. Great. So then I went and found a few more things to add up to $20 and had to wait in line AGAIN...(I didn't get the perfume because I couldn't get the discount on it...maybe next time! It's my fave new scent)

Daisy By Marc Jacobs For Women. Eau De Toilette Spray 1.7 Oz.

Once I got to the cash register again, the guy tells me I can ONLY use each $5 off coupon for every $20 I spend.  WHAT!? I explained to him that I was told I could use them all in one purchase to get $20 off anything. Apparently not. Well a policy is a policy so I did the right thing, took my 3 other coupons and offered them to the people waiting in line. Because that's the good Samaritan thing to do. BLAH! What a bad experience. This is why I love Sephora so much, I've never had any problems there and their return policy is amazing.

Anyways, I ended up picking up 2 nail polishes (Essie "Marshmallow" and OPI "Bubble Bath"). I also picked up another can of Neutrogena's sunless spray because it was 15% off today.


Nothing too exciting but stuff I needed.

I also went to MAC today and picked up a new Studio Fix Powder Foundation (I wear C3.)  It's my HG foundation. I've been wearing it for more than 9 years now.  I've just never really had the desire to use something else because it's everything I want in a product.  I know the Studio Fix is either a love or hate product for most people, but for me, it's just perfection!


I stepped into Victoria's Secret today "just to look" and I was taken aback by the large selection of swimwear in my store. I was also impressed by all of the super cute bathing suits! The prices were spot-on too. I just had to buy this adorable blue ruffly one. It was $24 for the top and $20 for the bottoms. Pretty comparable to Target's prices.



Here is a pic of it on. It was requested a few times with my last swimsuit purchase so I wanted to show a picture of how the top fits. I bought a size medium (top and bottom.)

That's all for today!  Hope you all have a wonderful weekend :)

xoxo,

Veronika.

PS- I forgot to add that I also got Emily Giffin's new book at Borders for 30% off! Yay! She is one of my favorite authors (I've even met her and she's the reason my best friend and I met too!)

She is the author of the popular books (now being made into movies) "Something Borrowed" and "Something Blue." You can to her her new book "Heart of the Matter."CLICK HERE Heart of the Matter

Can't wait to read this one!