Blog Archive

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Eyeliner Rave: L'Oreal for the Waterline, HIP Jelly Gloss & Some OOTDs

A week or so ago, I told you lovely ladies about my trip to Walgreens which resulted in the purchase of L'Oreals Extra Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner and L'Oreal's HIP Jelly Balm in "plush."

Well ladies, I am here to report that both products are absolutely wonderful, with the eyeliner being a standout product

I've been using the eyeliner on my waterline since the day I got it. But today my friends, this liner proved itself a winner on a whole new level. I did an entire Bikram Yoga class with this stuff on my waterline (I didn't wash my makeup off before I went, didn't have enough time to do that.) The product did travel down a bit from my waterline, but stayed firmly in place on my bottom lash line without smudging or giving me racoon eyes. I couldn't believe it when I left class and looked in the mirror and my face didn't look like a meltdown of makeup. If this stuff can power-through a Bikram class, it might just be an HG product.

So, do I recommend this liner? Absolutely. Keep in mind I have ONLY used this on the waterline. It is very pigmented, easy to apply and the color, like the name suggests, really intensifies your eyes.

L'Oreal Extra Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner, Black 798 1 ea
 
Here it is on my waterline (this picture was not taken today, but I am wearing the liner in it)

Love it!  I really like the HIP jelly gloss, too. In the pot it looks like a bright baby pink with a bit of a shimmer to it, but the shimmer doesn't show up on the lips (which is a good thing, IMO). It also smells nice and fruity.  Overall, a good buy!


And...there it is on my lips. Just a soft wash of pretty pink color.

I also wanted to show you ladies a top I bought at Marshalls last weekend that I don't think I posted yet. It's a simple, long tunic-style racerback tank. The fabric is heavier, yet sheer. It cost $12.99 and I just wore it with simple black tights to run some errands over the weekend.

So simple! It's such an easy top to just throw over leggings or jeans or to wear with shorts...and you can't beat the price.

I also have an Outfit of the Day from this past Monday:

Top- J.Crew Victoria Ruffle Cami; Skirt- Ann Taylor; Shoes- BCBG

Hope you all have a wonderful day tomorrow (Thursday!) 

xoxo,

Veronika.