Blog Archive

Friday, May 21, 2010

Four Things on a Friday & a Haircut Tomorrow


It has been a really long (and exciting) week for me which is why I haven't been blogging lately. Between my husband being out of town last week and a lot of work commitments, I was hardly ever home.

A few updates:

The firm I work for won an award for my work on an exciting PR campaign! I am just so honored and amazed that we won and I got to bring the awesome award home.  I just feel really proud because I worked for almost an entire year on the campaign and it was just such an amazing project to work on, especially because it was for such an incredible cause.  What a great highlight of my week and a wonderful reminder of why I'm in the field I'm in.

It's sitting in our living room right on top of our media storage unit.

2.  I am still sick.  I thought it was the Truvia (and it most definitely was in the sense that it made my stomach problems even worse) but I am still having tummy problems this week.  I'm hoping my system is just getting back to normal and it's not something that's going to be an ongoing issue. Ugh.

3. I finally went back to Bikram class this week (I was way too sick last week to go) and I must say...I always hate the first 15 minutes of it, but after that it's incredibly relaxing and super challenging. You just have to overcome the initial heat shock and get used to your body pouring out sweat (well for me, it's more getting used to how much all of the other people sweat. I don't really sweat a ton, but some people in the class like DRIP- especially the men. It's kind of gross, but hey, it's 105 degrees, I get it.)

4.  I'm getting my hair trimmed tomorrow. By someone I've never gone to. Wish me luck! I need to switch it up a bit. Just refresh my layers so they don't just hang there.  I'm excited, scared etc. In fact, I'm going to spend the rest of tonight flipping through magazines so I have pictures to show her. Because if you read the article I wrote recently for CultureMap, you'd know that pictures are a must!

Goodnight lovelies!  I'll be back tomorrow with hair pictures...and maybe even some purchases if I happen to come across anything I like in my travels tomorrow.

xoxo,

Veronika.