Blog Archive

Friday, May 28, 2010

OOTN: A Ruffly Floral Dress for a Date Night & La Roche Posay at CVS


Tonight my husband and I went out for dinner at P.F. Chang's (one of our faves!)  I decided to wear my Zara floral ruffle dress because it was SO hot out today (like 93 degrees) and I wanted to wear something feminine and summery.

I absolutely LOVE this dress.  It is one of my favorites out of all of the ones I own. This was my first time wearing it.

Dress- Zara; Open-faced cardigan- Charlotte Russe; Shoes- Cynthia Vincent for Target

Sigh. That dress is just so lovely.

After dinner we encountered a downpour (that's Houston for you- if you don't like the weather, just wait 15 minutes!) It was like a monsoon rain.


We also saw like 100 cyclists hiding under a gas station roof !!! I've never seen anything like it. They were all crowded there like sardines. I felt so bad for them.  I tried to get a shot...not a good one but you might get an idea if you enlarge it.



I also stopped at CVS because I heard they carry La Roche Posay products.  When I got there, there were only a few products on the shelves. I asked the manager if they had more and he came back with a cardboard box FULL of LRP products. I was glad they had them because I HATE ordering things online. Dear CVS, thank you for carrying these products, it has made my life so much easier.

I got my tried and true Effaclar face wash, a new acne spot treatment and the new Anthelios SPF 60 sunscreen:


La Roche Posay is the best skincare line I've ever encountered. It was orginally recommend to me by a dermatologist when I used to have severe cystic acne and I can't imagine what I'd do without their incredible products. The acne treatment is a new one for me as I usually use their Targeted Breakout Corrector (which is amazing) so I'll report back on it soon! 

I think if you tend to break out, even once in awhile, you should use an acne product preventatively. This has been tremendously successful for me. Every night before bed I apply a thin layer of the acne treatment to my chin area where I used to have bad acne, just to make sure nothing flares up. I also dot Proactiv's Refining Mask on any areas where I either have a developing pimple or I think something might pop up there. This has helped my skin stay clear. Yes, I look like a weirdo before bed, but hey, clear skin is worth it!

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!  Tomorrow we are going out for my birthday, which is this Sunday, May the 30th!  I can't believe I'm going to be 27! This year has just flown by!

Oh and on Sunday, my girlfriend and I are seeing the new Sex and the City movie! Yay! What a perfect birthday weekend :)

xoxo,

Veronika.