Blog Archive

Sunday, May 23, 2010

I Think We Found A Bed, NOTD and Banana Republic 25% Off Sale

Today my husband and I went out to run a few errands. We ended up visiting West Elm because we wanted to strategize on how we wanted to spend the design dollars we earned when we bought our Tillary sofa.

We've pretty much decided on their new "Diamond Tufted Headboard" in the color "otter" (once again gray- the perfect neutral.)  I'm going to do all white sheets with it for a pop of brightness.  This is what it looks like (I like it better in person but it's an idea of what it's like.)



I've searched far and wide for a bed on so many furniture store websites, and unfortunately, most stores sell extremely traditional style furniture (which just doesn't appeal to me) or beds that look like they belong in an Italian castle (or, in Teresa's house from the Real Housewives of New Jersey.)

I'm excited to get a new bed because right now I don't love the style of ours and I hate having a foot board (we bought it quickly when we first moved in just to have a bed frame).  The foot board blocks our view of the TV and overall just bugs me.  I did see some beds I liked from High Fashion Home, but they were also High Fashion prices (like $1,600, eek!)

I will report back when we actually order the bed. I think it will make for a zen-like feel to our room which right now I don't really like. It's definitely the most neglected room of the house, decor wise.

During our travels today, I picked up this lovely skirt from Banana Republic (all full-priced items were 25% off.) Then, I got a coupon to use at BR that's one full priced item for 40% off every Wednesday for the next 4 weeks. Awesome.

Here it is, it all of its loveliness (and by the way, it doesn't look that horribly wrinkled when it's on)

The little tie at the front can be pulled back too so the front of the skirt is plain. I don't own a white skirt (other than my cream lace one from Forever21, so I'm excited about this one for summer!)

I definitely look forward to getting some pieces from BR at 40% off for the next few Wednesdays.  What a great deal!

Lastly, I wanted to share with you a recent nail polish combo that I've been loving. I love really light pink opaque nails. Lately I've been doing two coats of Essie's "Marshmallow" or OPI's "Funny Bunny" and then putting two coats of Essie's "Minimalistic" or OPI's "Sweetheart" or "Bubble Bath" on top (and of course a coat of Seche Vite Topcoat.)

Here's what it looks like (this is with "funny bunny" and "minimalistic")

I like the way it elongates fingers and just looks really neutral. Plus, you can't tell as much if you get a chip in your polish.  

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!
xoxo,

Veronika.