Blog Archive

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Weekend Shopping: Zara & Nordstroms (& My Hair Trim)

I woke up at 6:20 this morning (ick!). I tossed and turned until I officially got out of bed at about 8:40.  I hate when I can't sleep in on weekends, and that's been happening a lot lately.

I got ready and headed to my hair appointment at Toni & Guy in the Galleria.  I was so nervous when I got there, but my best friend gets her hair done there all of the time and hers looks great so I tried to have faith.

I went to Stephanie, and my experience was amazing. I sat down and immediately told Stephanie about all of my crazy neurotic hair issues and how I absolutely cannot lose the length of my hair blah blah blah. She listened intently and said "don't worry, I'm not one of the scissor-happy ones."  She explained exactly what she is going to do and talked me through every step of the way, even stopping to ask if "x" was OK (she would show me how much she was cutting off, etc.)  Her technique was VERY precise, which I loved.  I'm thrilled with the result. My hair is still long, just bouncier and softer from having some of the dead ends trimmed off. Stephanie also has an amazing blow-out technique that gives you awesome volume.  I'm going to post some pics below, but keep in mind that I tried on clothes all day so my hair is a bit messy compared to how it looked when I walked out of the salon. Houston ladies- if you are looking for an amazing stylist, Stephanie is the way to go. She listens to you and does exactly what you ask for.



Now on to the shopping.  I bought two on-the-pricier-side tops today, but I love them so much. They were worth it!

The first is a sheer blouse from Zara (size small, $59.50.)  I was actually leaving the store when this blouse caught my eye. The pattern and colors were just so gorgeous. I can't wait to wear it tucked into a skirt or with skinny jeans or shorts.

While at Zara I also tried on this amazing skirt which I now regret not buying (in fact, I might swing by and get it tomorrow.) I just thought the colors and pattern were so unique. I thought it looked flattering on, too.  The reason I was hesitant is because I couldn't figure out what top I'd wear with it...but now I realize white, black or navy tees would be perfect with it. Just a simple top in a solid color.  Here it is:

*Sigh* What do you think ladies...do I need to go back and get it?

The other top I got was from Nordstroms. I don't shop there a lot because I always assume it's only designer stuff, but I got this great top in one of the sections that sells more affordable clothes and I love it.


I just love the detailing at the neck and bottom of the top. It's going to look incredible over skinny jeans. It was $78.00.  I think it's such a versatile top that it was worth the price. It also comes in a great ivory color.

Happy weekend to you all!

xoxo,

Veronika.