Blog Archive

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Birthday Celebrations- What I Wore


It's 2:30 a.m. on May 30th, 2010, the date that marks my 27th birthday!  I'm still awake because once I stay up past a certain time, it's hard for me to go to sleep!

We went out for a great dinner with a lot of our friends and we had such a blast!  I'm just glad a lot of people who love me were there to celebrate and be merry!

I wore a hot pink dress from Forever 21 to mark the occasion:



I spent a good hour on my darn hair for my birthday. First I blow-dried it and set it in Velcro rollers, and then I curled sections individually with a 1 1/2 inch Hot Tools curling iron (BTW for anyone looking for an amazing tutorial on hair curling, go check out Tiffany D's "How to Curl Your Hair Tutorial)

My hair after velcro rollers looked something like this (and yes, I am wearing no makeup in these pictures. I figured it was about time, and my birthday is a good occasion to do this, no?) As you can see, I have a slightly uneven skin tone and other little imperfections, but overall I don't think it's too horrible. That scar above my lip has been there since I was 7 years old!)


So after the Velcro rollers I used my curling iron to create soft, loose waves. I also have ONE track of human hair extensions in my hair. They are the same length as my real hair, but they added a bit more volume (I curled them with the same curling iron.) I also added a fun feathered headband (from Forever 21):

I'll definitely have to do curls more often...they just take too much time for me to do unless it's for a special event.

Here are some photos from the evening's festivities:


Earlier on Saturday my husband and some friends laid out at the pool. I even played a little pool volleyball! fun! I wore my new VS bikini and a Target cover up. The hat is from Zingara.


 

My best friend got me this amazing birthday cake! Hot pink perfection!
She also bought me some amazing presents including a bottle of Marc Jacobs Daisy perfume which I have been coveting for quite awhile now. THANK YOU Candice!


How gorgeous is that bottle!? Love it!

Thank you to everyone who sent wonderful birthday wishes as well!  

xoxo,

Veronika.