Blog Archive

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Miss USA 2010: Photo Controversy (Pageant Airs Tonight at 7PM!)


As I mentioned in a previous post, I love watching pageants like Miss USA each year.  I just think it's fun and I like to make my picks and predictions for who will make the top 10 (I also love to rant and rave about the girl's gown choices!)

The MISS USA pageant airs tonight on NBC at 7 p.m. EST.  

The reason I wanted to write about this pageant was because the pageant's contestant photos this year stirred up quite a bit of controversy.

Let's take a look:

 


You can see the full gallery of shots here. If you'll recall last year, Miss California Carrie Prejean was kicked out of the Miss Universe organization when scandalous photos of her were released online (not to mention the public scrutiny she faced for announcing that she was opposed to gay marriage.)

I think these sexy boudoir-style photos of the Miss USA contestants this year were were well thought-out to drum up publicity for the pageant since pageants in general are not as popular as they once were and NBC would like to get their viewership up. (read more about the controversy, here)

To me, these photos look like they came straight out of a Victoria's Secret catalog.  When you really think about it, these women aren't wearing any less than they do in the swimsuit portion of the pageant, but the way they are posed, their expressions, etc are clearly meant to be sexually enticing.

I personally don't see anything wrong with it. Do I think they are pushing the limits? Yes. Do I think it's all for publicity? Of course! 

What do YOU think of these sexy boudoir photos of the Miss USA contestants?

Will you watch the pageant tonight?

Let me know in the comments below and as always, thanks for reading!

xoxo,

Veronika.

PS- the makeup artist who did my wedding hair and makeup also did a lot of the makeup for that photo shoot with the Miss  USA contestants and she also does their makeup for the actual pageant! Controversy aside, I think my makeup artist is super talented! Now I know what I want my makeup to look like when I take my b-pics (I never had a chance to do them before our wedding!)