Blog Archive

Saturday, May 1, 2010

CONTEST WINNER & Some Weekend Shopping...Plus a Perfume Vent


I have to admit I was thrilled when RANDOM.ORG came up with the number "11" out of 169 because it saved me a lot of counting (and re-counting) as I only had to go 11 comments down (yay!)

...and the lucky winner is (and I  LOVE this girl- she is a longtime reader and commenter on my blog- and also has a fabulous blog of her own):


Congratulations! (isn't the spelling of her name so cute too!? I've always loved it!)

Here is the screen shot from Random.org. I always like to include it to show the drawing was random and fair (click to enlarge). 


Thank you to everyone who entered. I will try to have giveaways more often...maybe my fave product of the month or something. Even if it's something small, I like to spread the product love :)

Today Candice and I went to the mall to use our SEPHORA VIB promo coupons. I could NOT believe that Bare Escentuals was giving away 2 of their mineral eye shadows AND a good quality brush with ANY purchase (there was no amount you had to meet to be eligible.)

I've always wanted to try their shadows but never got around to it. The collection we got was the FOILED EYE one.  The two shadows are gorgeous, shimmery taupe-y neutrals. I swatched them when I got home because I just loved the colors so much. I might use them tonight in my eye look!  

The kit usually retails for $32.00! I feel so lucky that Sephora did this promo with Bare Escentuals because it has definitely made me want to get more of the shadows (I'll see how the wear when I use them, but so far from just swatching, I have a feeling they'll be gorgeous!)


I cannot wait to try them tonight!  I think you can wear them wet for a more metallic look. I'm going to use them dry for a more sheer wash of color (but it might be fun to try them wet as a metallic liner.)

The only other purchase I made today was this pretty skirt from Club Monaco. It originally retailed for $129.00 and I got in on sale for $39.00 (score!!!)



Oh and one more thing...this is what I bought at Sephora to get the VIB deal: Marc Jacobs Daisy perfume roll-on:


When this perfume first came out there was a lot of hype around it and I just didn't care for it...then for some reason I tried some on a couple of weeks ago and I was IN LOVE. I tend to forget to put perfume on in the mornings, so this is nice because I can keep it in my purse. 

I don't like heavy scents and I don't like when people wear too much perfume (in fact, I was recently APPALLED when a woman took a damn FULL SIZE bottle of perfume out of her purse and doused herself in it in the WAITING ROOM at my OBGYN's office.) I wanted to say something to her, but I restrained myself. Some people can have asthma attacks or worse from being exposed to strong perfume sprayed near them (and the room was full of pregnant women who I know can be super sensitive to scents.)

I had a college professor who was deathly allergic to many scents and we were even asked to never wear perfume or other strong scented products to class because her system could go into shock (like epi-pen style.) I know that's pretty rare but I also think it is really against common courtesy and etiquette to whip out your perfume in a doctor's office. It is absolutely unacceptable to me. 

Is there something beauty related that people sometimes do in public that annoys you? The prefume thing is definitely number one on my list. Trying on perfume at the mall, yes. Spraying several sprays of it in a doctor's office...NO. There is a time and place ladies, and it's not at the OBGYN's.

xoxo,

Veronika.