Saturday, August 7, 2010

25% off at White House Black Market: What I Bought (Plus Sephora VIB Gift)


Happy Saturday!

It's definitely been a happy one for me so far.  I took advantage of my 20% off catalog coupon and my 5% off member coupon today at White House Black Market and got two fabulous sweaters.

Number one is this gorgeous Chanel-esque white sweater (the material is heavier, like a jacket almost). It's called the Long Contrast Sweater Jacket. I knew the moment I saw it online that I just had to have it! I got an XS- WHBM sweaters seem to fit large on me in some styles. Personally, I like my jackets and sweaters to be very fitted. I find they can look sloppy (on me) if they are too loose.


Here it is on the model, for reference:



Then I got this awesome long black sweater. This one is called the Merino Wool Military Inspired Cardigan. It fits awesome. I got this one in a size small.  Also, please note the Chanel-like "C's" on it...military inspired? More like Chanel-inspired, my friends.  Not sure if they are looking for a lawsuit, but in any case, I love the little pockets on it, the buttons and how long it is.

I also picked up a BACK-2-MAC eyeshadow today. I got one called "copperplate." It's a soft brown-ish gray. I like it.  I'm going to use it tomorrow to line my bottom lashes and see how it works. When it comes to MAC shadows I tend to just buy what appeals to me since I don't wear shadow on my lids very often...I use them as liners so my options are fairly limited to neutrals. I was also kind of mad they wouldn't give me the insert so now I have it in the package.  I am going to probably de-pot it. I wonder if you de-pot something if you can still use it as a BACK-2-MAC package?


I also bought an eyeliner by Makeup Forever called "Aqua Eyes" for my waterline (in black) at Sephora. I used my VIB appreciation coupon thus getting a huge sample bag full of goodies! I'm excited because I feel these samples are ones I'll actually use. I'm most thrilled about the Laure Mercier tinted moisturizer and the Dr. Brandt Collage Cream.You also get an Urban Decay e/s which I thought was a great addition to the package.


Overall, worth a purchase at Sephora. I believe it's a $10 purchase that gets you the samples bag if you're a VIB.

One more thing...I was proud of myself today. I went to the mall and browsed, but only bought what I went there for.  I actually wasn't that impressed with the stores I visited which admittedly did make it easier. H even offered to take me to Forever 21 today and I resisted. Oh yes, progress!

Did you buy anything today?  My next "big ticket items" for fall will be a pair of boots and a great trench. I saw some awesome ones for $198.00 at Banana Republic today.

xoxo,

Veronika.