Monday, August 2, 2010

Weekly Inspirations: Thoughts on Beautiful People, Places & Things


I love beautiful things. When I was planning our wedding, I saved hundreds of photos to my computer of stunning images. When I saw this Beautiful White Wedding last week on StyleMePretty (shot by the amazingly talented Jasmine Star) my love of weddings was once again reignited (though, did it ever really fade?)


 (images from stylemepretty.com by Jasmine Star Photography)


As I've mentioned before, I find myself constantly saving beautiful images to my computer. From home decor, to hair styles to celebrity fashion looks I love...and yes, sometimes even weddings (I know, I know I had my wedding) I just can't help but want to seek-out and cherish beautiful things.  There's something inspirational about it to me and it makes me feel a positive energy when I see and experience beautiful things.

I remember even as a young girl, I would take the time to really look at every ad in a magazine. I'd think about what I like and didn't like, the font, the colors, the model, the clothing they chose for the shoot. I'd take everything into account. When I found an ad I loved, I would rip it out and put it on my wall or in a notebook or on my school binder. I loved constantly having beautiful things around me to look at and smile at.

One of the more recent ads that has always stuck in my mind is this one by Tiffany & Co.


There's just something so beautiful about it.  I believe that the emotions conveyed in the photo are real (even though they're not, unless that really is the model's baby, LOL.) 

I often enjoy looking at the ads in magazines as much as the rest of the content. There's nothing worse than a cheesy ad. When I see a horrible one, I always think HIRE ME! I'll create something beautiful for your product! I'm no graphic designer, but I know pretty from cheesy.

It's like weddings. I never want to judge because I think every bride has her own vision of what is beautiful and appealing (and a budget of course) but you see a wedding like the Beautiful White Wedding above, and you can't help but feel completely sucked into the beauty of it all. They definitely got it right.

I also have to give a shout-out to one of my favorite mommy bloggers, Mrs. Foreste who threw the prettiest first birthday party for her little girl.  So many cute little (hand-made!) details and a great color palette- now that's a beautiful event! Go check out her great party-decor ideas! 

I'm definitely going to be one of those DIY party moms one day.  I love the process of making things by hand and seeing how they transform a room and create an entire "look." Last week, I even posted some photos of some quick 5-minute handmade cards I created.

I guess I just love all of the little details in life. I think they make a profound difference.  I see it all the time when I'm house-hunting online.  Beautiful decor can make me think an OK house must be gorgeous in person, while lack of [great] decor can make me think the house is icky, even though it would look completely different with our things in it (and a good paint job.)  I sometimes have a hard time visualizing how a space would look if there are distracting things all over the place, or if the decor is so outrageous (or just bad)... I can't look past it.

I'm not really sure where this is all going, but before I go, I wanted to share a few beautiful images I've found lately that have inspired me in some way:


Carrie Underwood's gorgeous blow-out- seriously I want hair like hers. Longer, but styled like that. Love it!

The City's Olivia Palermo's photo shoot for asos. Is she a professional model or what? I absolutely LOVE these photos. She's a natural.


Momma-to-be Miranda Kerr's gorgeous hair. I think I want to get my layers cut a bit shorter at the front just to be able to style them like this. Gorgeous!


Kristin Cavallari's pretty braid and natural makeup. There's something sad about her expression, but also beautiful. Maybe she's still sad about The Hills ending. I know I am.


Is Hilary Duff's hair great or what? She's also got the shorter layers at the front. I feel like I NEED to do this. It is beyond cute to have that little flip of hair like that at the front. What do you ladies think?


 (photos from Hills Freak)

Audrina Patridge's style- she does it right no matter what the time of day (or night!) love her.  

Who or what inspires you when it comes to beautiful things? Which websites or magazines are your go-to places for gorgeous photos?

Let me know in the comments below.  As always, thank you for reading!

xoxo,

Veronika.