Thursday, August 5, 2010

OOTD: Blush Pink & Creams in 100 Degree Heat


Today I wore the most non-ideal outfit ever.  Not realizing I'd be running around all day from store to store and picking up heavy bags and boxes, I wore heels and a silk top in 100 degree weather. I deserve a prize!

I did really love the outfit, but by mid-day I had to hit Target to buy some Dr. Schols  inserts for my pumps!  (which, by the way are very comfortable in normal circumstances.)

Walking around for hours in heels in 100 degree weather= sweating and chafing and rubbing and just overall discomfort.

Speaking of feet and sweating, does anyone else who lives in a warm climate do a different (foot) routine in the summer?  I'm not going to lie, my feet sweat when it's hot out.  When you wear shoes made of synthetic materials (and even non synthetic in this weather) your feet are bound to produce sweat. To keep my shoes in good condition and to avoid stinky feet as much as possible, in the summer I use a deodorizing foot spray (you can get it at any drug store) and I also have foot powder as needed.  I also bought a product at DSW called the "Shoe De-Fogger" and it's a spray that's meant to deodorize shoes. I invest a lot in my shoes and I want to keep them looking (and smelling good.)  I know for most people feet are a gross topic, but I just had to put that out there.

OK, here's what I wore:

Blush Pink Satin Top- Ann Taylor
Skirt- LOFT
Cardigan- Express (yes, I wear the heck out of this cardigan. I LOVE it!)
Shoes- Jessica Simpson Nude Pumps
Bag- Kate Spade

Thanks to everyone who left me comments yesterday sharing their laptop stories. It helped me heal to know others could relate!

BTW- I think there's something for everyone in these photos- lack of pigeon toes in some, looking at the camera, standing up straighter...oh how I'm growing ;)

xoxo,