Wednesday, August 4, 2010

My Laptop is Growing Old & OOTD- Zara Striped Dress, Part 2

Dear Dell Laptop,
 
You were my sun, you were my earth. I know it's time to let you go but it hurts so bad.  We've been together since my post-grad program where I used you for everything from writing papers, g-chatting all day and Skyping with my (at the time) long-distance boyfriend (now husband.)  Oh Dell Laptop, how I long for the days when you were fast and your "N" and "Y" keys didn't pop off randomly...the days when it didn't take 7 minutes to load Photoshop and the days where you easily transitioned to one task from another.  I'll always love you, dear Laptop, even when you fail me.  I kept you going too long, expecting too much from your old, wise soul.  It's time to part now and let you rest...your battery is so dead that you no longer work without being plugged in, and your hard drive has seen better days. I'll never forget you, dear Laptop, but it's time to move on.

OK, so maybe I'm being a little bit dramatic.   Today my left mouse button stopped functioning on my laptop...it works to an extent, but I have to peck at it like a maniac.  My husband has tried to take away my laptop so many times, begging me to use his (he never uses it, I am on it right now) and for so long I resisted, refusing to switch. My old laptop has all of my pictures and a familiar keyboard and tabs and...just everything.  It's tough. I feel like my entire life is on there.

I've had bad luck with computers. My computer that I used for my last two years of high school and all 4 years of University was given away by my mother (without asking me, of course) to some random family. It had every single paper I had ever written on it in that time period and photographs and videos I cherished (like videos of Lulu when he was a baby that I will NEVER get back.)  I think that experience made me traumatized and really feel attached to my current computer. I have everything backed up on an external, but I feel a sense of loss...like I'll never see the files on my computer again (even though I know that's not true.)

Anyways, there was my ode to my laptop.  I'm OK now, just had to let it alllll out.

I had an interesting experience today at Glo Sun Spa in West U (where I do my Versa Spa spray tans.)  I tried out their moisturizing massage machine thing, and I think this picture says it all:


It's like this space capsule machine that I'd probably describe as a moisturizing sauna. You do a 20 minute session and the thing vibrates when you're in it which provides a nice massage. I don't know that I'd do it again...it was okay, but it was just really hot and not as relaxing as you think it would be because the machine lights up and changes colors throughout the cycle (very distracting.) I also wish they had some kind of soothing music playing like Enya or something. That might have made it a bit easier to relax. 

They say it extends the life of your tan if you do a moisture session prior to the Versa Spa tan so we'll see how that goes.

Today I wore one of my favorite dresses- my striped dress from Zara

Dress- Zara
Cardigan- Express
Nude Pumps- Jessica Simpson
Watch- Michael Kors
Bag- Kate Spade
Belt- J. Crew

What did you wear today? Have you ever lost a computer like I have? 

xoxo,

Veronika.