Tuesday, August 3, 2010

OOTD: Pretty Petals & A Mini MAC Haul

After work today, I stopped at MAC Cosmetics in The Village because I was running out of my precious, holy-grail Studio Fix Powder...and I needed new concealer too.

Well, imagine my surprise when as I walked in I saw a familiar face...I thought I might have been wrong, but it was indeed miss Taylor from A Little Bit of Everything.  I promised I would mention that she was back-to-MAC-ing since she's technically on a makeup shopping ban! Go check out her blog, she's so sweet! I love randomly running into people like that (even when I'm sweating like a maniac from the 105 degree heat!)

What did I get at MAC, you ask?  Like I mentioned above, powder and concealer...and I also splurged on the MAC 150 brush  and a bottle of MAC's brush cleaner.

I use sigma brushes right now and I abused my SS 150 to the point where it's probably ashamed to call me its owner. Yes ladies, I was using my SS 150 powder brush to apply both powder and bronzer...and I was rubbing it vigorously on a face towel daily in between applications which led my makeup brush to look like my hair does right now: desperately in need of a trim.  

Unfortunately, you can't really trim makeup brushes so I decided to invest in the MAC 150 powder brush and to STOP mutilating my face towels by cleaning my brushes on them.  I'll let you ladies know how I like the brush. I'm sure I'll love it as I tend to favor the large, fluffy brushes over all others.


Though Houston is hot as the sun right now, I though "today would be a great day to wear a silk top" even though the moment you step outside you sweat in it. Ick.

My purple Ann Taylor blouse has been an often worn item in my closet lately.  It's one of those pieces that I feel happy wearing. The color, the petal-style collar. It's like the peony of silk tops.

I paired it today with a floral print skirt from Forever 21 which  happens to have hints of the same purple color of the top in it. Brilliant!


Blouse- Ann Taylor
Skirt- Forever 21
Cardigan- Express
Nude Pumps- Jessica Simpson
Bag- Kate Spade
Watch- Michael Kors

I've been trying something new makeup-wise for the last week or two and I think I like it. I've been using mascara on my lower lashes.  I know a lot of ladies do this already, but it's something I haven't done in years...probably since high school! I was kind of inspired by Kim Kardashian who's lashes always look so full and long.  Do YOU use mascara on your lower lashes too?


Hope you're all having a great week!

xoxo,

Veronika.