Monday, August 30, 2010

My Emmy Award Dress Kisses and Disses & A Quick Outfit of the Day


This post has to start off with the gorgeous January Jones who has been trashed on other websites and blogs for her Emmy dress choice...her dress was actually one of my favorites (gasp!)... I just love its shape, bold color and uniqueness. I thought the dress was made for her. I can't apologize for this---I LOVE it!

Another favorite- and perhaps the most beautiful she has ever looked is Claire Danes. She has really blossomed (thought I loved her in her Romeo and Juliet days too...)

Here are a few of my other favorites:

OK. I'll admit I don't love the dress...but Jewel is just so adorable! The dress would have been better without the bow!


I'll admit I thought Keri Russel was a bit under-dressed...but the dress itself is so pretty!

Maria Menunos was just stunning. I often ask myself if she is capable of looking bad, and the resounding answer is always "not a chance." She's always so pretty...even in sweats.


I thought Lo looked really cute too :) 

I was disappointed with Kim Kardashian's dress.  I thought it wasn't really that flattering and it kind of didn't look that fancy. I usually love her dress choices!

What were your favorite Emmy looks?

I have to give mention to Heidi Klum too...after 4 kids...WOW!

Onto my OOTD, I wore my new BR skirt that I got for 40% off:


Top- Forever 21 (old)
Skirt- Monogram Collection at Banana Republic
Cardigan- White House Black Market
Shoes- "Me Too" at DSW
Bag- MbMJ Hillier Hobo "Rosie"


I just love how the skirt drapes at the front like that. I must admit this skirt is not the most comfortable. It is quite fitted through the thigh area. I do love how it falls though.


I went out for dinner Saturday night and snapped a quick shot of my makeup before I went out so I thought I'd post it for fun:


I used lipstick that night (MAC's "colorcrafted) and I really love that color for a night out. Most of you know I don't wear lipstick that often, but when I do, this one is always a fun choice.  It's limited edition but some people say it's similar to MAC's "saint germain" and "gaga."

I will do a post sometime in the next week or so about my favorite lipsticks...maybe it will inspire me to wear them more often!

xoxo,
Veronika.

PS- one of my readers, Carly, is recovering from surgery so I wanted to give her a "get well soon" message!