Saturday, August 21, 2010

A Micro-Trim & Some Weekend Shopping


Happy Saturday!  I must admit my morning started off badly today. I had massive cramps (TMI, I know) and just did NOT feel good. But I had to drag myself out of bed because I had a hair trim appointment this morning with the lovely Stephanie at Toni and Guy in the Galleria mall.

I was really happy with my trim. Hardly any length off, and my layers are freshly re-shaped. I have not dyed my hair in probably nearly 5 months...and you know what? I love it.  I love having roots and then lighter ends, it looks more like the sun did it.

Unfortunately, I didn't have a good time shopping today.  I tried to get in the mood to shop but I just felt overwhelmed I was so uncomfortable.  I did stop at GAP to try on some of their new pant styles, as promised.  I didn't purchase any today because I felt too flustered. I felt rushed (even though no one was rushing me.) I also need to try the pants on with different shoes. I had my CV for Target wedges on and they are just so not ideal for trying on dress pants with.  I did snap some photos to show you ladies some of the styles. They fit true to size IMO. I tried a 4 Long in each style:

The Perfect Trouser-
I think these were my favorite.

The Modern Boot

 The Skinny Dress Pant

I also tried on these skinny black jeans with zippers on them. I liked them better than the skinny dress pant because they had pockets like regular jeans.



I might get the skinny black jeans and also the Perfect Trousers. I just didn't feel up to it today.  

The only other purchases I made were this bow-tank and earrings from Charlotte Russe.  Taylor Swift recently wore a similar tee with a striped bow but hers was some designer tee that cost over $100. This is something casual I'd wear with jean shorts or skinny jeans. I got a size large because I wanted it to fit loosely.

I might use these bow earrings as a charm on a necklace. I think I'll probably wear it more that way.  I also think the bow would make a cute ring...but don't know how i'd make that! The cupcakes were just too cute to pass up...though not sure what I'll wear them with.


Did you buy anything this weekend?  It's tax-free weekend here in Texas so I'm sure a lot of people are getting some great deals. Personally I wasn't blown-away by the sales today. There were too many "you can get 30% off your entire purchase but ONLY if you buy pants" kind of deals. I hate that.  I'd rather just shop when it's 40% anything in the store.

xoxo,

Veronika.


PS- how cute is the dog bowl that I hand-painted at a local ceramics place for LULU?