Wednesday, August 18, 2010

OOTD & GAP's New Line of Dress Pants: Black Magic?

Happy Wednesday everyone! I had a meeting today for work so I decided to stick with a simple look: all black, of course. As you all know I wear black a lot because it's easy and flattering. 

Yesterday one of the ads I showed from the September issue of VOGUE was a GAP ad for their new line of dress pants called "Black Magic."  I hope that by magic, they mean "magically elongates legs and makes hips looks smaller" because if that's the case, sign me up! According to their website, the dress pants are a part of a new "Premium Dress Pants" line.  They look great on the models...can't wait to try them on IRL.  I am not known to wear pants very frequently, but I think if I could find a really flattering style (like my Express plain black "Editor" pants) then I might wear them more often.

I am really loving wide-leg pants, they work well for me because I'm tall. I plan to invest in a pair for fall/winter.  What I'm finding interesting is that GAP's new pant line features black dress pants in a "really skinny" fit.  I always wanted skinny fit black pants as an alternative to normal dress slacks, but I'm wondering if they would look appropriate for work or not? I thought worn with a longer top, jacket or blazer and simple, round-toe black pumps, they could work. I'd have to put the outfit on to see for myself, but in my head it looks awesome.  There's also a "BoyFit" pant...interesting.

What do you think of GAP's new pant line? I plan to try on the one they call "The Perfect Trouser," and maybe some of the skinnies.  How about you?

Here's my OOTD:
Top- Costa Blanca
Cardigan- White House Black Market (buy it here)
Skirt- Banana Republic
Shoes- Jessica Simpson
Bag- MbMJ (buy it here)

Thank you for reading!  I noticed I am almost at 800 subscribers (you ladies are awesome!) so it will be time for another subscriber thank-you contest soon! :) 

xoxo,

Veronika.