Sunday, August 8, 2010

Organizing Your Life: Bathroom Storage


I'm pretty much obsessed with constantly finding the best storage solutions for every room of our home.  Last weekend H and I spent a good 3 hours cleaning out our storage closet. We dropped off several bags of clothing and houseware stuff to the Salvation Army today. It feels good to get rid of all of that clutter while also knowing it's going to someone who can benefit from it.

One of the rooms in our home that tends to get crammed with all sorts of things is our bathroom.  It never fails- lots of hair, skin and makeup products plus cleaning products, towels and styling tools.  Our next house HAS TO have a bigger bathroom. I just can't compromise on it! It's tough to organize such a small space when it's one that has so much STUFF in it.

I spent some time this weekend reorganizing our bathroom's storage closet. I got some $17.99 large baskets from Target to store my face towels and pillow cases in (I use a new face towel every time I wash and a new pillowcase every other night, so I have a lot of them.)

This is how it turned out:


The baskets kind of pull out like drawers and they are nice and deep so they can fit a lot of stuff. I think it's nice to have more decorative storage. At least it's somewhat nice to look at.

The rest of that closet has a few other storage boxes including ones for my nail polish and random products:

Kind of messy right now. I need to get a bigger one for my nail polish because my collection keeps growing.


Then I have a 3-drawer system from Target that holds all of our medications:

I also keep my hair stuff on this shelf.  Velcro rollers, brushes and hair accessories.  They are in a pull-out black metal mesh-style storage unit from Target. It cost under $20.

I also have an over-the door hanger that can hold bathrobes, towels and even my curling iron! I hang it from there so it's out of the way:


On the bottom level we keep our laundry basket and (right now) or vacuum cleaner.  That usually goes downstairs but I was using it today and wanted to keep it up there.

I also have a system for my under the sink storage.  I keep extra products there and products that are too large to fit into my side cabinet where my sink is (like the Redken Guts 10 can which is massive!)  I also keep cleaning products there. You can't tell from the picture but I have a plastic tray there that holds a bunch of cleaning sprays but I have more products than it can hold right now:

On the left side of the sink I keep all of my girl products:

So that's how I'm storing things so far. I think there's always room for improvement but I take it step by step as I come up with new solutions. 

How do YOU organize your bathroom? Share your tips and ideas below!


xoxo,