Monday, November 29, 2010

Click! Click! Click! Getting Aquainted with my Canon

I played around a bit with my new camera (the Canon Rebel T2i) this weekend and wanted to share a few of the shots I took.  Right now I'm only shooting in full automatic or automatic without flash.  I will try other modes once I've watched the DVD about how to use the camera in its various settings.

Photography is just really inspiring to me.  I hope to learn to take beautiful photos with lots of practice.  I sometimes wish I could be naturally talented at photography so I could be a wedding photographer.  I look at wedding photographer's blogs and I always think how lucky they are to give a married couple such a beautiful and everlasting gift---memories, smiles and beauty captured by their lenses.  It just seems like it would be such an amazing feeling to give someone such an incredible gift.

Here are a few shots:


What struck me most when I uploaded these was the clarity and crispness of the images. Even in a mirror (like the last shot) the shot is so clear.  In the pictures of lulu, you can see all of the variations in his hair color and texture---every wisp of hair is defined.

I am just so happy I bought this camera.  It's really going to be fun to learn to take great photos and maybe even learn to use Photoshop a bit better so I can color balance my photos and overall just make them look awesome.

If you have any tips or tricks or great website recommendations for photography, please leave me links and advice in the comments below!

xoxo,

Veronika.